Aetna insurance

mrdoores
on 9/29/11 2:03 am - Waldorf, MD

Question: Has anyone had revision with Aetna and how hard was it to get approval.  My insurance plan is changing to Aetna.  I currently have BCBS and they denied a revision from RNY to ERNY.  I had RNY in 2000 and have gained over half of what I lost.  Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

heathercross
on 9/29/11 3:34 am - New York, NY
 I had Aetna. It was a piece of cake.  Read my profile but I was approved immediately.  Didn't have to wait the 3-6 mos, didn't have to go to a Nutrionist again nor the therapist.

mrdoores
on 9/29/11 2:12 pm - Waldorf, MD
Thanks so much for the information.  Aetna won't be in force until January, so  starting my research now.

sandy_mt
on 9/29/11 4:00 am
 Mine was easy too, once I found an in-network surgeon.  The only one I could find was Dr. Roslin, who turned out to be great.  Everyone else seemed to be out-of-network for revisions with Aetna.  I originally wanted Dr. Rabkin and took it all the way to external review and still got denied, even with Obesity Law.  Just trying to save you some time here!!  Good luck!

Sandy

Hislady
on 9/29/11 9:32 am - Vancouver, WA
First you'll have to contact Aetna and see if your particular policy will cover it and then get their requirements to see if it can be done. Good luck!
missnanajean
on 9/29/11 10:58 am - Friendswood, TX
  I  had Aetna when I had lapband and revised to RNY 2 yr.s later with Aetna. I had no problem with approval with the PPO plan. I now have BCBS of Tx and so  glad  I had surgery when I did. Good Luck with your journey.
  Miss  Jean   
mrdoores
on 9/29/11 2:19 pm - Waldorf, MD

I would like to thank everyone for your replies.  I appreciate the information and will be doing for research and be ready by the first of the year.  I'm praying 2012 will be my year to start losing again.  Also, I think I would like to get the DS, considering the weight I need to lose.

Renfairewench
on 9/30/11 3:40 am
I have Aetna HMO and revised from RNY t DS. I had no problems getting approved. In fact my approval came in 48 hours.

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

mrdoores
on 10/1/11 11:39 am - Waldorf, MD
This gives me so much hope. BCBS took me through hoops and still denied me.  I even did one appeal.

jones
on 9/30/11 4:16 am - OH
Ihave aetna insurance and they approved my revision fro a LAP to RNY in 2 weeks. Good luck to you.
Most Active