APPROVED FOR REVISION!!!! GOOD BYE CRAPBAND

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 2:42 am - ewing, NJ
I RECEIVED THE CALL FROM MY SURGEON THAT I HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR REVISION FROM LABAND TO SLEEVE!!1 I AM VERY EXCITED YET SCARED THAT I WILL NOT LOOSE THE WEIGHT LIKE BEFORE!!!! WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT? HOW LONG WILL I BE OUTTA WORK!!????? THANKS EVERYONE
teachmid
on 9/27/11 4:17 am - OKC, OK
Great news!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Hislady
on 9/27/11 9:23 am - Vancouver, WA
That's fantastic, another one bites the dust!!!! You might post this on the VSG board there are lots of band revisions over there and they are very nice!
evlanspice
on 9/30/11 9:38 am
I am fighting with the insurance company now for the same thing....I am desperate to get rid of this band!!!!   I have the EXACT same fear about not losing any weight with the sleeve because I was so unsuccessful with the band.  From what I have been told, being a revision we will be off of work a little longer than those who have the sleeve as a primary surgery due to scar tissue.  I would guess 4-6 weeks (versus the 2-4 otherwise).  Congrats on your approval and best of luck with your surgery! 
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/11 9:48 am - ewing, NJ
 Thanks everyone!!! I actually have decided to to the DS vs the sleeve. i have PCOS and in doing research I believe I need the restriction as well as the malabsorption. I am scheduled for surgery on Oct 12th!!!
Most Active