pain in my tummy on my left side

Rhonda A.
on 9/25/11 11:00 am - North Providence, RI
 Need some advice. I had my revision from Lap Band to RNY on August 30th. When I came home the pain was tolerable. At 1 point I slept in my bed and I think I pulled the healing muscle where the port was. I was in pain for a few days then it went away. I used the heating pad on it and it felt better right away. Well I dont know if I did it again nut I am having deep throbbing pain near that same site. It is almost as bad as post op, takes my breath away and now I need help to get up again so I dont use that muscle. Has anyone ever experienced this? How would I know if I have an infection in there. No fever. I dont want to go to the hospital unless absolutely necessary. Thanks everyone

sosoclark
on 9/25/11 12:00 pm - Sacramento, CA
Rhonda,

Please contact your doctor, pain isn't or shouldn't still be an issue right now. I had a little discomfort but nothing major.

Sophia

Hislady
on 9/25/11 12:17 pm - Vancouver, WA
I agree you need to see your doc this isn't normal. You may have and infection going on internally that hasn't gotten to a fever stage yet. Good luck!
Rhonda A.
on 9/25/11 12:24 pm - North Providence, RI
 Yea I planned on calling in the morning. I am terrified. Its times like these I have regrets. Im so worried about recovering. I know in a few months this will be behind me hopefully but I worry about everything. Thanks for your words of wisdom :-)

DarkChocolate
on 9/26/11 10:33 am - Detroit, MI
Ello Rhonda, I'm also a revision patient. My surgery was September 19th and I foolishly painted my toenails Friday and pulled a muscle. It took 2 days to get rid of the pain. Please call your Dr, the pain is re-occuring.
Most Active