Must Decided DS or Rose over RNY by Tomorrow

Charmaine C.
on 9/25/11 8:42 am - Columbus, OH
This is so hard. I've heard so many people comments over the last few months. I'm still jot not sure.  i just want whats best for me long term. Stomach still measure out at 9oz. its the opening that strength and food just drops down in the pouch and food not breaking down. So, its a malabortion problem. I think i should just do it on my own. What your take on it?
sosoclark
on 9/25/11 12:08 pm - Sacramento, CA
I made an informed decision and revised to the DS. I was looking for something that was going to get me to goal and keep me there as long as I follow the rules of this surgery. I have lost a total of 93 pounds since surgery and have about 58 more to go. Now this surgery isn't for everyone and some people should just let it go if your not willing do take your vitamins and drink your protien. Take a look at DS Facts.com and do a little research.

Good Luck on your search!!

Sophia

Hislady
on 9/25/11 12:13 pm - Vancouver, WA
From what I've read the Rose procedure is mostly a joke and you lose very little weight with it. Many docs won't even do it because it is so unsuccessful.
clpeltz
on 9/25/11 12:21 pm
I am a RNY to DS revision.  I have not read anything good about the ROSE procedure.  Post over on the DS forum.  This type of revision is very difficult and there are only a handful of surgeons in the US that can do it.  There are a couple in CA and one in MN.  There are a few more as well that others can chime in about.  Again, go on over to the DS forum and post there.  Good luck on your decision!

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

Katie K.
on 9/26/11 12:26 pm - Grand Haven, MI
Dr. Paul kemmeter with Grand health Partners in Grand Rapids Michigan is a vetted surgeon (DS) as well as revisions.
1-888-691-0050
"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

sandy_mt
on 9/25/11 1:02 pm
 Charmaine-

The ROSE just flat out does not work.  It is money wasted.  If any weight is lost, it's just the first few weeks while you are on the liquid diet post procedure.  I have yet to hear 1 positive experience from anyone.  

Sandy

Yehuda G.
on 9/25/11 3:35 pm
If I were in your situation I would either revise to the DS or just do nothing (surgerywise). In my opinion, there is no acceptable revision but revision to the DS for a failed RNY. Any rose or stomaphyx type of procedure does not work.
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/11 11:31 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Rose, like Stomaphyx, doesn't work. It's a scam.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/3900584/StompahyX-Patients/

The only person who ever really pushed the ROSE thing on here was that CoachRoz person who was shilling for Dr. Garber. There were a bunch of fake names that came on to say that it was good` but you could always tell that they were shill accounts. They had no post history and no avatar. It's always telling when a new account pops up.

Typically, people lose weight with the liquid diet, and as soon as they can start to eat again they regain.  There's no malabsorption. Most RNY regain is caused by the malabsorption going away after 2 years.

I've been here since 2002 and I have never seen any positive posts about the ROSE procedure except from the shills. People who had it done regretted it.
Most Active