Wow never thought I would be back here

Michelle F.
on 9/30/11 3:33 am
My revision is the best thing I did for myself!  My esophagus is finally healing from all the damage the band did to it and I can eat healthy foods again, something I couldn't do with the band.  I hit goal and I'm still losing.  I love Dr. Roslin, he's not a warm and fuzzy kind of Dr. but he is the best revision surgeon in NYC and he is extremely responsive to whatever you need.  I didn't need my hand held,  I needed someone who would make sure I didn't have a leak and would do the best sleeve for me...and that's exactly what he did.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything.  Good luck!
Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

Barb H.
on 9/27/11 7:38 am - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
 Hi Chololate Toy!

I'm so glad you have decided to not go the band route.  I got one about 2 1/2 years ago and lost about 45 pounds then plateaued.  But I had such bad reflux and developed chronic bronchitis (interestingly enough caused by the reflux due to aspiration), my doc emptied my band about a year ago.  And I have gained back 50 pounds.  I'm now looking into revision and will probably go with RNY because my metabolism is so slow.

I'm so sorry you've had so many complications but it's good that you are doing all the right things to help you make the right decision for you.

Aloha,
Barb
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

Toy T.
on 9/27/11 7:58 am
DS on 02/22/12
 Hi Barb,

Yeah I decided not to go band route and so happy I decided to come back on this site. My bff is getting the band in 2 weeks and I keep telling her she is making a big mistake especially since she is about 235 which I would love to weigh but she is short at 5'4" and no matter how much I tell her to come to this site or do some research on the band she refuses to listen to me. I told her that she is going to be looking at a revision and her excuse is she only wants to lose 50 lbs so she should be fine. I give up. I will let her get it and see it is not easy as she thinks. She said back when I got bypass in 2004 the lap band wasn't the same and now Realize is so much better. I told her its your decision. Her doc told her since she is on the smaller side he would not do bypass even if she wanted it so I will go ahead with my revision and let her learn. I actually didn't have complications just the weight gain but I am no longer comfortable in my own skin and refuse to look in mirror anymore and that is rare for me since I am so vain lol but good luck on your revision. How are you in the process. 
Most Active