Hernias, Kinks, and now Ulcers

phartsel
on 9/23/11 5:39 am - CONCORD, NC
I had my full gasric bypass in August 2006...did great....then around 2008 I developed a hernia and my home doctor was on sck leavee and was referred to Charlotte dr.  Had that fixed...a few months later a kink....then constance vomiting....Home Dr. Roc Bauma went in again....I have never really know what was being done I just trusted it was getting done right.....Now I have ulcers...proably caused by some personal family crisis' which are continual.....Then I start back smoking after quitting for 6 years....on Chantix; however am allergic to it gives mw a rash around my lips under my nose to my chin. Dr. Bauman has refused to treat me for  revision to get rid of these ulcers because I am smoking....I am trying to quit and have cut back and will quit eventually; I just have to be able to eat solid food without vomiting...I know it is not good to live of ensure and whey protien drinks.....

A endoscopy showed I had yeast in my stomach and esphogus....assuming bacteria caused by the ulcers...I'm schduled for an upper and lower with my NE Digestive in October...

Thanks for letting me vent...
Pam
Hislady
on 9/23/11 1:23 pm - Vancouver, WA
Well most ulcers are caused by H-pylori bacteria so that should be treated first of all. That alone may help you eat better. Yes it is imperative to quit smoking because that will aggravate the existing ulcers. I don't really see anything wrong with being on liquids for awhile if that is the only way you can get in nutrients, also don't forget to get your vitamins in. This should give you even more incentive to quit the smokes, I wish you the best and know how hard it is. I was a 30+yr. smoker until 10 yrs ago when I developed COPD believe me that is not something you want to get!
Most Active