weight gain

happygirl01
on 9/21/11 9:09 pm
I am not making excuses for my weight gain. But I have had problems keeping the pounds off due to back injury, hip replacement and horrible knee which will be replaced soon. I had RNY7 years ago and did well up until I couldn't get moving anymore.So what I ate went to the extra pound. The surgeon that did my RNY will not revise. Another dr I called will not revise because he didn't do first surgery. What can I do. If I dont move no matter what I eat goes to fat. I have a low thyroid and I am older so the pounds don't go away with out exercise. for example used my treadmill last might and the gazelle now this morning I can barely move. MY thought to this was I didn't hurt near as bad until the weight came back along with High BP. I need to get the weight off to be able to exercise all this extra weight on my joints is killing me Has anyone been throught this or going through this I would love to have someone to lean on that understands me and what I am saying.Thanks
sandy_mt
on 9/21/11 10:09 pm
 I would recommend talking to a surgeon who specializes in revisions.  There are many of us who have had revisions from RNY.  You may need to travel depending on where you live, but revisions are very challenging and should only be handled by a confident, competent surgeon.  In California, some of the best are Dr. Keshishian and Dr. Rabkin.  I believe Dr. Stewart in TX does revisions.  In New York, Dr. Roslin is excellent.  I'm sure I'm missing some, but if you do a search on "revision surgeons" on Obesity Help, you will probably find a few more.  Good luck!

happygirl01
on 9/22/11 12:07 am
Thank you . I live in a small town in ky. But we have great dr.'s in lexington,ky, West VAand Ohio all which are very close. I will check it out and you are right a competent surgeon is what I or anyone else needs. Take care.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/23/11 4:07 pm
There may be great surgeons in Lexington, but there are NO revision surgeons (at least not a revision to anything that is worth having done to your body) there. 

There is no way around it. 
Hislady
on 9/23/11 1:35 pm - Vancouver, WA
Can't help with the surgeon but I sure understand the frustration. I have COPD (a lung disease), arthritis and fibromyalgia so as you can imagine exercise is nearly impossible. I try to get this thru to my docs but they just say well you have to exercise anyway, sorry no can do! I had the band so obviously that didn't help without exercise. I hope you are able to find a surgeon who will do the work on you so you can get back on track!
camietam
on 9/25/11 6:47 am - Ceres , CA
I would sugges****er aerobics because It works. I love it. I have a membership with In-Shape in CA and there swimming pools are very nice. Please do not be embraced about being in a bath suit really no one cares. Everyone is over weight in the pool.
Camie

Most Active