Im Home YAY!!!!!!!

Sexyvt123
on 9/21/11 11:07 pm
First I would like to thank Frankie for being a wonderful angel.  My surgery went well and I'm doing just fine.  The first night was a little ruff because of the pain medicine.  For some strange reason each time I press that pain button I would spit up blood.  At first the nurse told me this was normal but I did not believe that.  When I went to get the upper GI done I was in really bad shape.  Was spitting up so much blood that they had to stop.  Once I calm down and the spitting up stop they were able to finish.  I went back to my room and told them I do not want anymore pain medicine.  I had a long sleep and woke up like a whole new person.  Dr Roslin came and checked on me and wanted to know what was going on.  I explained it to him what was going on  and he told the nurse to STOP all pain meds.  Ever since then I have been feeling great.  He came and check on me yesterday and told me I can go home. 

Now that I am home I have been moving around alot.  I'm trying to get the protein and water down but its so hard.  Everytime I drink something I can feel it literally go down.  Its really not a nice feeling.  Sometimes I find myself spitting some of the water back up.  I wonder if this is normal or something is wrong.  I brought some protein shakes but I don't really like much of them.  Dr Roslin said I can make my own but I don't know how to even begin.  I have the protein unflavor powder but I'm not sure what to blend with it.  Can anyone help?

P.S. Dr Roslin found the reason why I was having so much pain with the lapband.  It seems like when the lapband was first place inside of me I had a small hernia that the dr tried to fix.  According to Dr Roslin a stitch was leaning up against my esophagus and causing all of the pain.  He wants me to get a copy of my other Upper GI so he can use in his other cases.  He said it might help another person who is trying to revise.  Well that's all for now.  I will try to keep you guys updated.  If anyone have any great protein recipes please pass them along.  Thanks

Virgie Tschirhart
on 9/21/11 11:40 pm - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17
I'm sure you are glad to be back home.  That must have been a trip, spitting up blood.  That is scary.  What type of medicine did you take that would cause the bleeding? 

Contgrats on your surgery.  Best wishes and blessings to you!

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

Sexyvt123
on 9/22/11 10:22 pm
Hi babygirl

Im not sure which pain medication they used on me, but I do know It had morphine in it and was very stong I was told. 

sandy_mt
on 9/22/11 12:13 am
 So glad you are home!  Everything you are experiencing is normal-well-at least it happened to me too with feeling the water doing down, etc.  You really need to find a protein powder you like.  You will want to blend milk with it as it will add more protein.  I thought I was intolerant early out so I switched to almond milk, but you can do soy milk as well if you have problems.  I really really like Unjury Chocolate Splendor protein powder.  I haven't found any other I like better.  I've moved on to protein coffees now which are fabulous!!!  If you want the recipe, let me know (you would probably use decaf at this point).  If you order online from Unjury you should have the package in 2-3 days.  They are very quick.  The most important thing now is to drink fluids, period.  You're going do do great!!

Sandy

Sexyvt123
on 9/22/11 10:32 pm
Hi Sandy

I have the unjury unflavor package.  Ive been using that to make my own protein shake.  I find that ho****er goes down alot better than cold water.  The other protein shakes I have dont taste good.  Its like I wake up everyday with bad breath.  My taste buds seem so different now and dont even talking about my sense of smell.  Everything smell so funny to me.  I hope this goes away after a few weeks. 

smileyjamie72
on 9/22/11 6:59 am - Palmer, AK

Glad you are home & starting to heal up!!!!   WOOT!!!!

You will do GREAT!!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

RSReed53
on 9/22/11 11:13 am - AZ
Glad you are home and recovering from your surgery.  I had my revision surgery May 31st.  As for the shakes, I like using almond milk or soymilk to mix my shakes with.  Also, as a budgetary thing, I buy my protein flavored vanilla so that I can blend frozen berries, banana, or sometimes a cantaloupe that is ripe and cubed up for a smoothie.  I use Muscle Milk Lite that has 26 g protein in it, and you can also mix it with water, if you like.  I think the first 2 weeks postop, you have to use water with it.  I gave up lactose and all refined sugars, caffeine, etc.  It has made my health better--I feel so well now! 

You will be fine--Take good care!  Ronda
Most Active