questions..

mjst220
on 9/15/11 1:09 am
Ok I have a question for all of you who have had a revision..I am trying to decide on a date for my band to rny revision. (no band complications just doesnt work) and I am wondering about Nov 21 being that is the week of thanksgiving. My question is how long will I probably feel like poop?lol. I am in college full time with 2kids and I know i will have a drain for 1 week . Thanks
Sharon G.
on 9/18/11 11:12 pm - Middlesex County, NJ
 What type of surgery are you having???

mjst220
on 9/19/11 12:06 am
realize band to RNY
MsBatt
on 9/20/11 11:59 am
Why do you think the Band didn't work for you? (I mean, it doesn't work for a LOT of people, but why in particular do you think it didn't work for you?

I see you have a BMI of 50. Have you considered the DS? It really doers have the very best long-term, maintained weight loss, ESPECIALLY for those of us with a BMI greater than 50. Right now, you have a pretty much intact stomach, so NOW would be the time to think about the DS.

I realize your surgeon doesn't DO the DS, so it's likely he hasn't given you complete, accurate info about it. But right now is the time to consider ALL your options---you certainly don't want to be looking at another revision in a few years.
mjst220
on 9/20/11 1:06 pm
It didnt work for me because of issues with my port tilting and every time I got a fill it would end up in an unfill so we never knew really how much fluid was in there due to the tilted port. I did talk with my doc about the sleeve and he is not doing them but told me if I wanted that he could recommend a surgeon, only problem is that my insurance does not cover it either.  I have been researching the RNY and the sleeve for quite some time.
MsBatt
on 9/21/11 1:47 am
You know, a LOT of people have appealed and gotten a procedure their insurance company said they wouldn't cover---it's worth fighting to get what you really want. We have a LOT of people on the DS board who've done that, and who are willing to help others fight, too.

The DS has the same stomach as the Sleeve, plus an intestinal bypass somewhat similar to the RNY. But unlike with the RNY, the DS causes PERMANENT malabsorption of CALORIES, not just vitamins and minerals.

Include it in your search, and when you decide which procedure YOU want, fight your insurance company if they don't agree!
mjst220
on 9/21/11 6:28 am
Thanks so much for the info!
Most Active