band removal to RXNY

balkdog81
on 9/12/11 5:34 pm - NE
I have had some upper chest pain for almost 9 months when they finally found diverticulum in my esophagus.  I will be having the band removed on the 27th and then have the bypass done at the same time.  I am so excited.  Thanks for everyone's support.
paulrap
on 9/13/11 4:32 am
Hi Balkdog!

I am having the same on 9/26! We can be revision surgery buddies. lol When did you have your band placed? Mine was 1/09. Good luck!!!!

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

Sexyvt123
on 9/13/11 6:08 am
Wow congrats to you both. I will be having my band removed on Monday and revised to the DS and im so damn excited to finally get rid of this thing.

Hislady
on 9/13/11 10:19 am - Vancouver, WA

Congrats to you all,  I hope you realize how fortunate you are to be able to revise, use it well!

Virgie Tschirhart
on 9/15/11 1:41 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17
Congrats to you!!! 

I'm hoping to get approved for the revision from VSG to RNY.  I have a hiatal hernia that needs to get repaired as well.

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

Caryn W.
on 9/15/11 5:23 am - Las Vegas, NV
I am a week post op from this surgery, 7 years with the band. I had been diagnosed with Barretts Esophagus,..a slip in my band, and hiatal hernia. I was in the hospital for 2 nights 1 day.
I hope you all have a good surgery...good luck.
paulrap
on 9/15/11 11:02 pm
I am glad to read you had a positive experience  - I am concerned about the scar tissue part. I would hate to wakeup and be told they could not do the revision. :( Sounds like you are doing well. Do you have much to lose with your revision? 

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

Caryn W.
on 9/16/11 2:16 am - Las Vegas, NV
Are you referring to scar tissue around the lap band area, like erosion? I was really worried about that, considering the length I had had my band. I was afraid that the tissue would not be viable enough to make the smaller stomach. They did actually nick a portion of my stomach removing the stitch that was holding my band in place...but they just worked around it.

My doctor said..."if we could not to the revision at this time, we would do it in six months, so it gave the area time to heal."   Honestly I think they like to do it all at once though...it is easier.  Mine was laproscopically done...AGAIN...just like my band placement 7 years ago.

I do hope it all works out for you!! I am sure you will get it all done at once.

Good LUCK
Annette O.
on 9/18/11 1:20 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
II'm having my revision from lapband to RNy tomorrow, I hope it goes as well as it did for you Caryn!
Annette O
Caryn W.
on 9/18/11 9:37 am - Las Vegas, NV
Good luck annette! I am feeling really well. Trust me...I was hating life when i fist woke up from the revision...but everyday i was feeling better. I am sure it all go well...good luck and keep us posted!!!
Most Active