Restless Legs????

knailnhair
on 9/11/11 11:12 pm - Milford, NJ
Hi all...I am almost 7 weeks out from my revision to RNY surgery and the last 2 nights my legs just won't quit!!! As soon as I lay down to go to sleep they are twitching, spasming and just moving non stop.....it's so frustrating and it's keeping me up until 3am!!! I'm up all hours of the night walking around like a zoombie!!!! 

Any suggestions would be sooo appreciated!!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

oi4me2day
on 9/11/11 11:16 pm
I have the same problem.  It's very frustrating.  There is a prescription for it.  I just learned one of the causes could be a vitamin deficiency.  Soaking in a warm bath with epsom salts before bed may help a little.  How's the revision?  Weight loss?  I'm just 2 weeks out and actually gained in the hospital.  Assume it's fluid???
knailnhair
on 9/12/11 1:46 am - Milford, NJ
From what I'm reading it could be an iron and/or vitamin deficiency. Revision surgery went well, I'm down 30lbs in  weeks. I feel great, so glad I made this decision!!!

All that fluid can be the culprit to your gain. Stay positive tho it will come off!!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Renfairewench
on 9/30/11 11:14 am
My RLS gets worse when my iron levels start to fall. I ended up having to have iron infusions and noticed within 2 weeks that my RLS relieved.

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Band to DS
on 9/30/11 11:37 am, edited 2/3/12 11:12 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Most Active