ROSE doctor in MN?

mom2MN
on 9/9/11 3:16 pm
is anyone aware of a doctor in MN/ND/SD/IA/WI that does the ROSE procedure?  thanks
Ladytazz
on 9/9/11 5:14 pm
No help here but I have heard that the ROSE procedure isn't effective long term and most insurance companies won't pay for it.  I would avoid it if I were you.  I have never seen anyone who had any kind of success with it.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

LisaK/ UnstapledLisa
on 9/21/11 1:01 pm - plymouth, MN
I don't what part of MN was, I had to google myself, what the ROSE procedure was. I would check with facilities like Abbott, the U of MN and Methodist who have surgeons that have been doing surgeries for a long time. My bariatric surgeon, at the U does all(rny,ds,band and vsg's),don't remember if he still does bpd's) of the weight loss surgeries, and is pretty up to date on new procedures and techniques and I don't think he even does that, it's worth checking into though if it's still considered experimental and worth the risk.
Lisa lap rny 12-5-2001 open reversal of rny 9-7-2010
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/23/11 4:12 pm
The only weight loss that results from Rose or Stomfix are from the liquid diet phase, but when that's over, the weight is back. 

Insurance will not cover this because it's useless. Don't waste your money or put your body through the extra procedures.
Most Active