ANXIETY IS SETTING IN

Lisas_Journey
on 9/7/11 12:49 pm - NY
 Hello all, I am new to this forum so I will give you the brief summary of my journey so far.  I was banded in Oct '10, at a starting weigh in of 267.  I had some trouble in the beginning but my amazing Dr's got it worked out and I started taking weight off losing 50 lbs between april & july of this year.  Then the band slipped, I do not know why, but it did, requiring emergenacy surgery to remove it in July '11. Within a few weeks I started gaining and now I am up to 230 again.  After speaking with my surgeons they recommended VSG - and very quickly I went through my pre-op testing & insurance approval. My revision date is 9/12/11.  I am excited and scared to death!! My husband and very best friend are very supportive, but they saw what I went through with the lapband, so when I express that I am scared to them, they tell me then don't do it.  That is not what I need to hear right now.  So I guess I am looking for some reassuring words .... Thanks!  Lisa
Lisa's Journey
267 lbs Pre-Lapband 10/10; 217 Post Lapband 7/11
New path in my Journey: 230 Pre-VSG scheduled for 9/12/11

Hislady
on 9/7/11 1:03 pm - Vancouver, WA
Well for starters the band and VSG are totally different beasts one works the other (band) doesn't work. I'd suggest you post this on the VSG board too they have lots of band to sleeve folks over there. They will give you tons of support!!
Lisas_Journey
on 9/7/11 2:04 pm - NY
 Thank you, I will do that.  I am still navigating the site, I am learning  :)
I have been reading all the VSG success stories, and I hope in 8 weeks I am posting my own victories.  
Thanks again!
Lisa's Journey
267 lbs Pre-Lapband 10/10; 217 Post Lapband 7/11
New path in my Journey: 230 Pre-VSG scheduled for 9/12/11

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/11 8:09 pm
Most Active