Banded for 5 years and I want to revise to VSG.

Lucy21485
on 9/7/11 6:58 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 08/20/06
I had the lap band surgery Aug. 2006 and have been on a rollercoaster the whole time. When I had my surgery I had just turned 21 and I was very depressed and had bad anxiety and was uncomfortable with myself. I was depressed all the time and had no idea what depression was. I take medication for hypothyroidism and I was on the wrong dose for years. The dose was so high that it made me depressed and have bad anxiety. I was always throwing up and i got full from drinking water. I only had lost about 20 pounds after surgery but gained it back.Fast foward to 2011 I had my second and final child and my OB checked my blood work constanty till i was on the right dose. I feel so much better now. I'm not depressed anymore but I'm not happy with my weight. It keeps me from being the happy person I want to be. I have a 29 mo old daughter and a 8 week old son and I want to be able to play with them and hold them and not have my back or knees hurt. My weight makes me very irritated and I don't want to be like that anymore. I have a appointment on Friday to talk to a new surgeron about revising to the VSG. I will be using a new insurance so we will see what happens.

Hislady
on 9/7/11 12:53 pm - Vancouver, WA
I wish you the best hon, many of us were fooled into the lap band myth only to find out it didn't work for nothin'!
Lucy21485
on 9/8/11 1:26 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 08/20/06

Thank you!

SuzanneR
on 9/9/11 5:50 am - Randolph, NJ
I had my lap band done 9/06 and am currently looking into the sleeve. I have not had long term success with my band and it slipped so I had to have it unfilled a year ago. I have gained 26 lbs this past year of the 50 I had lost. Good luck to you!

USAF Wife
on 9/9/11 11:57 pm
Head over to the VSG forum. Lots of us have revised from band to VSG with great success. I'm over 2 years out with my sleeve, and loving life. Right now, I'm 8 months pregnant .

I would post over there so you can get more personal experience.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active