Can it be hunger?

Rhonda A.
on 9/5/11 2:03 pm - North Providence, RI
I just revised on 8/30. The first few days I was in the hospital I was fine. But yesterday I was making a stir fry for my kids and the smell of it made me hungry? I thought that with the bypass surgeries that gremlin hormone that triggers hunger wasn't supposed to work? Is it in my head? I'm confused lol

MsBatt
on 9/6/11 11:49 am
What sort of revision did you have? (I'm guessing you now have an RNY/gastric bypass.) In the RNY, no stomach tissue is removed---it's simply bypassed, and it's still in there, producing ghrelin. SOME people don't experience hunger after the RNY, but some do.
Rhonda A.
on 9/6/11 12:10 pm - North Providence, RI
Thank you for the info. I was getting nervous that the smells of food triggered a little hunger. I think it might also be me and my head lol. I definitely will bring this up to my psych when I see her. Yes I did have RNY.

MsBatt
on 9/6/11 12:18 pm
Hunger's pretty normal---and I would NOT want to live my life without it! I have occassional days when I just plain have no interest in food, and they SUCK. Forcing myself to eat is just ...wrong, on so many levels. But if I don't, then I get sick...

I am SO thankful that most of the time I now have what I think of as 'normal' hunger!
Most Active