Band gone, RNY completed

Annette O.
on 9/7/11 3:31 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
Marti, I have one more question. What did you wear post op? I'm thinking I should bring a loose fitting dress so as not to have any kind of waist band to worry about. Especially when you mention having a drain. Is the drain where your port used to be? On me that would be about the waist band.
  Thanks again, and hope your feeling better.
Annette O
Marti2
on 9/7/11 9:32 am
Hi Annette,  My drain was taken out today, such a bizarre feeling.  It was placed on my right side  about halfway between my naval and breasts.  The G tube goes into my remnant stomach and is closer to where my port was on the left side.  It won't be coming out for two more weeks.  

I brought some very large capri workout pants and a large t-shirt to wear home, but ended up wearing my jean capris and just undoing them in the car.   Since I've been home I've lived in my stretchy pj bottoms and robe. 
pandavenise
on 9/17/11 10:20 am
 I am wondering how you are doing. I am getting ready to go from the band to RNY Oct 3rd. I feel the same way that you say you are feeling on your post. What I am really worried about is the emotional part after the surgery. I am reading that some people have angery issues depression. I to like you am excited about getting this band out of me.
Virgie Tschirhart
on 9/17/11 10:43 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17
Congrats Marti2,  Best wishes to you!  I will be getting a RNY hopefully.   I'm waiting on BCBS Federal to make their decision. 

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

jenrich
on 9/17/11 10:56 am - Bridgeport, TX
Hey everyone just wanted to update everyone I am home and surgery was a sucess... Still in some pain but doing much better I havent really had any emotional moments yet but who knows that may still be to come.. I am so glad the band is outta there lol but the port pain is the worst I think mainly because that is the area where the liver is and where they do the most work on your tummy but I am home and healing away, Good luck you will do great!!
FLJeepGirl
on 9/17/11 11:45 am
Hope you all are doing good with your revision(s).  I did want to comment on the no pain meds after surgery bit.  My surgeon definately believes in this.  I didn't have much pain meds in the hospital either...one reason I was told (by my pharmacist) is that the pain medication actually slows the healing process.  Those of us that have been through revisions have much more "healing" to do than those who have just had only one type of surgery.

For those who are struggling with their recovery - it does and will get better :-)...time does wonders for healing...
                      Leslie
       Lap-Band 4.11.08                                     RNY Revision 8.1.11
       HW 276/ SW 259/ LW 219                       HW 283/ CW 218

Most Active