Band gone, RNY completed

Marti2
on 9/4/11 8:19 am
So far all is well.  I am able to get everything down.  The pain is manageable, just happy to be home.  I have 80 pounds to lose, I'm excited to get going. 

RNY conversion 9/2/2011, 5'4", 205 lbs to start,  125ish lbs.is my goal.
mermalmom
on 9/4/11 12:29 pm - OH
Good luck to you!  My band goes bye-bye on the 9th!

(deactivated member)
on 9/4/11 1:09 pm
Annette O.
on 9/5/11 12:22 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
Good to hear your home and comfortable. I'm having the same surgery on 9/19, just wondering how long your surgery was and how long were you in the hospital?
Good luck with your new tool!!
Annette O
Marti2
on 9/5/11 6:50 am

Hi Annette,  We were expecting it to take around four hours, but it was closer to two.  I had surgery Friday early afternoon and went home Sunday noon.  The next day was the hardest, but last night I overslept my pain meds and woke up in quite a bit of pain.  I also have to use oxygen for a couple of weeks during the night.  When I'm on pain meds my breathing becomes too shallow  and my oxygen levels drop.  Good luck on the 19th!!!!

Hislady
on 9/5/11 6:37 am - Vancouver, WA
Hooray another band bites the dust!!! Wish you the best and a quick healing!
Rhonda A.
on 9/5/11 1:57 pm - North Providence, RI
I just had my band removed on 8/30 and revised to RNY. I feel good no pain meds from when I left the hospital. I am so happy to not be throwing up anymore. My band was a nightmare. We are all in this together

Marti2
on 9/6/11 12:52 am
Rhonda, you are a lot tougher than I am, no pain meds at home, wow.  I'm going to try and cut them back today, I know they make  me feel crappy. 

Tomorrow I have a nutrition class and followup with my surgeon.  I suspect they'll weigh me, yikes!  I feel very bloated and have avoided the scale.  I plan on weighing once a week so I don't get obsessed with it. 
jenrich
on 9/6/11 7:40 am - Bridgeport, TX
I only have 5days left woo hoo but am very scared about the pain and the stay in the hospital I hate being sick after surgery... But hearing everyone talking about having their bands removed it makes me feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better I am a pretty big baby when it comes to this stuff but I am gonna try to suck it up and deal lol.. Wish yall the best of luck and see ya on the losers bench soon:)
Marti2
on 9/6/11 8:22 am
Best wishes Jen!  My sorest spots are where they took out the port, where they put the drain and where they placed the g tube.  I have been able to take everything orally so I have only flushed the g-tube.  I think they'll take my drain out tomorrow, it would be nice if the g-tube came out as well.   I haven't been too nauseous, they put a patch behind my ear during surgery and and RX for more, I think it has really helped.   

I'm so excited to start loosing again. 

Most Active