Any one had the ROSE Procedure Revision??

Zee Starrlite
on 9/5/11 1:01 pm

Charmaine, sorry the ROSE procedure DOES NOT WORK!  Please don't waste your time.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Charmaine C.
on 9/5/11 10:42 pm - Columbus, OH

Good morning Zee. I really don’t know what to do. I don’t want to get cut open again and I don’t like the DS procedure. I have one surgeon that want to do lap band. I really don’t know what to do. Right now I’m losing 6 pounds a week on Adipex then i again it back then repeat the cycle again. I went from 400 pounds to my lowest weight of 162. I maintain that for 3 1/2 yrs until I got pregnant I weighed in at 180. After having my son I only had 25 pounds to lose. Now, I'm up to 240 and feel like a failure. I’m going to continue this with pray and research.

I thank everyone for the opinion and honesty.

Zee Starrlite
on 9/6/11 6:23 am
 Charmaine, the DS is a very good procedure.  We all have to take care of ourselves according to our choice of WLS and our own personal reactions to our alterations.  DSers supplement like RNYers do, like VSG, like Lap Bands do - we have to supplement what we lack.  It is not a biggie, just a responsibility to keep ourselves healthy.  It is like brushing our hair and teeth in the morning, like bathing or showering - we have to do these things routinely.

The thing with you is that you are taking action and you will put the brakes on your gain.  You are 240 and not 400lbs.  That is ridiculously successful.  So pick your chin up, you are not a "failure".  You've succeeded!

Forget the band.  Drop the Adipex and eat the way you can live for the rest of your life.  Have you tried a support and accountability program like Weigh****chers?

If you are going to get any surgery, let it be the DS.  The sleeve offers no malabsorbtion.  It is phenomenal but I've started as a light weight and I can eat way more than others  so I am going to have to fight for the weight loss like you are doing now.

What is happening with your RNY??  Is it working at all.  Would it help for you to journal and get on an eating program?  Or is it something metabolic?

Good Luck!

Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

knolan55
on 2/3/12 6:52 am
Hi Charmaine,

I had the rose procedure sep of 2011.  A big waste of money-- $8100.00  This surgery does not work.  The surgeons are preying on patients who are desperate to do something after weight regained.  I did every thing I was suppose to.  I lost about 24 lbs.  but it was because of the fasting and the protein.  My surgeon would not give me a straight answer.  There really should be a class action suit against this procedure. 
knolan55
on 9/13/11 6:50 am
I had the rose procedure last week.  I lost 5 lbs the first week.  However, I don't know anyone who had this procedure and I am trying to get some results.  Everything I read over the internet is negative.  My doctor did not give me much data on it.  I guess I was desparate.  My insurance does not cover obesity surgery.  It cost 8100.00  I am hungry.  I lost 5 lbs but it may be due to the liquid diet I've been on,  I do not want to give up hope.  I am going to try my best.  I am 10 years post op from the gastric bypass.  A revisional RNY was close to 25,000.  I could not afford this, that is why I had the rose.  Any info would be appreciated.
mhcalum
on 10/13/16 7:13 am - Greer, SC

This post was years ago.  what are your results now?

Doesn't Matter
on 11/1/11 5:33 am - Indianapolis, IN
Revision on 02/29/12
I had the ROSE procedure done in 2008, lost 9 lbs. while on the liquid diet, then when I was able to eat again, I regained it, plus another 35 lbs. :(  I heard that they were going to discontinue that procedure due to the ineffectiveness.
~~Me ~~    
knolan55
on 2/3/12 6:54 am
I also had the rose procedure in sep of 2011.  A big waste of money.  I wish there was a way that I could get back my 8100.00 dollars.  Please let me know if you hear of anything.
knolan55
on 2/15/22 9:23 pm

I had a RNY gastric by pass in 2001. I lost about 170 lbs. In 2011 I had the rose procedure. A total waste of money. I am wondering if anyone else had a gastric by pass years ago and if they had any additional surgeries. I have gained a lot of weight back and would like some information. Thank you

White Dove
on 2/16/22 3:45 pm - Warren, OH

There is no revision surgery that will result in more than about a 20 pound loss. And that is from fasting before surgery and not able to eat for a while after. When you had your first weight loss surgery, you went from a stomach that held at least as much as a 2-liter bottle of soda and had it reduced to hold about the amount that the bottle cap on the soda bottle would hold.

Even with that tiny stomach you learn how to eat enough food to gain weight again. Usually by eating small amounts of high calorie foods all day long. The only way to lose weight after the two year surgery honeymoon period is to eat low calories. Small meals with little or no rice, sugar, pasta, potatoes, corn, cereal, flour, fruit or other high carb foods.

You need to eat meat and vegetables and keep meals to around 1200 calories a day. Also add exercise and drink a lot of water. It is possible to do that, but it is not easy and there is no magic surgery or shortcut.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active