Who has had band to sleeve revision in mexico?

Linda A.
on 8/23/11 6:59 am - Byhalia, MS
VSG on 01/19/12
who was your surgeon? what was your experience like? did they do it all in one procedure? wouldl you do it again? I am trying to get all my ducks in a row in case my insurance does nto approve my revision. Thanks
DonnaCrosland
on 8/25/11 10:05 am - WA
Hi Linda,

I am getting my Sleeve on Oct 2 - I went down to Mexico for a revision from Band to Sleeve but my stomach was not in decent enough shape to allow them to do the revision surgery.  That happens some times.

I had my band for almost 8 years - so I imagine there was a bit of scar tissue to deal with as well as the slip and a bit of erosion. 

My doc is Dr. Ortiez - who is wonderful. I would highly recommend him if you are going to Mexico. The total price for my revision to sleeve was $8500 and that included the hotel (needed another $125 for medications) but that was it.

Please let me know if you have other questions - I am just counting the days.

Donna
Linda A.
on 8/25/11 10:16 pm - Byhalia, MS
VSG on 01/19/12
I would like ot hear from you after your surgery - what extra costs do you incurr when you need to go twice other than airfare? I will check out ortiez. Thanks.
Ms Shell
on 9/3/11 5:14 am - Hawthorne, CA
You might want to post over on the VSG forum.  I have seen a few *****vised and in Mexico.

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active