Anyone with a VSG then a Revision to a VSG (smaller)?

Ms Shell
on 9/5/11 1:59 am - Hawthorne, CA
I have NO idea how much of a distance that is but again you are thinking about the rest of your life...

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Virgie Tschirhart
on 9/7/11 4:33 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17
I know Ms Shell.  Thanks so much for your concern and advice. 

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

mini_me_ now
on 9/4/11 4:04 am

hey there,

i think one of dr jossarts patients had a hiatal hernia repair after their sleeve, not sure what he did you might want to ask that question on the vsg maintenence board..

when you had your upper gi did they say what state your sleeve was in?  was it still small?

i think the thing that would scare me the most about rny is so many people are getting  Reactive hypoglycemia and the amount of people that get a stretched out stoma is also high

so before making anydecision i think it might be worth the investment to speak to a surgeon who does all 4 surgeries so you dont have any bias based on the fact they dont do a certain surgery..
better to all your bases covered so you can make a complete informed decision.. (just my opinion)

even if he doesnt want to do the surgery you then have the option to decide if you should follow it further i believe there has been quite a few dsers on the light weight board who started with a bmi of the same, or less than you.

please keep us informed of what ever you decide..
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Virgie Tschirhart
on 9/4/11 9:36 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17

Hi Linda,

The doctor said the sleeve looked good, she did not say if it stretched out.  Something with the flap being flat on my esophogus that causes my acid reflux.   

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

teachmid
on 9/4/11 4:09 am - OKC, OK
You know, as this last poster said, I had horrible, worsening reactive hypoglycemia. I remember telling my DH that I couldn't continue living like that. My last episode of RH was 2 days before surgery.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active