Question about pills and RNY

Annette O.
on 8/22/11 2:50 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
I'm having a revision from Lapband to RNY on 9/19/11. With my lap band I've had so many problems with pills, I'm hoping it's easier with RNY but would like tohear from others.
 Most things, like tylenol I've been able to find in liquid form or even benedryl in strips. Two years ago I had Lymes Disease and as most lapbanders know you get tight in the morning. Well staying in bed and being unable to move with fever and pain, made it impossible for me to take doxycycline. I would take the pills and then 15 minutes later be in the bathroom throwing them up. They were just too big, I tried getting another prescription another pharmacy etc. Anyway I never want to go through any thing like that again. So hoping the revision helps with that.
Annette O
smileyjamie72
on 8/22/11 6:41 am - Palmer, AK

Michelle (Vitalady -- she has the RNY) is VERY, VERY knowlegeable about the importance of vitamin nutrition.

Please take a look at her web site.  You do not need to purchase anything from her, but she will most definately anwer all of your questions!!!!  She is a GREAT resource around here.
http://vitalady.com/vitanews/starter-packages/

She has a lot of liquids, chewables, pills & tons of proteins, and SAMPLES of the protein.

Here is her OH profile as well, if you want to contact her.  As I have said, she is a wonderful, knowledgeable lady!!!!!!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/vitalady/

Good LUCK!!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

MsBatt
on 8/22/11 10:51 am
Have you considered revising to the Sleeve or the DS, while you still have a fairly normal stomach? Either procedure would leave you with a smaller, yet still fully-functional stomach, rather than the pouch/stoma combo of the RNY---and I suspect it was the stoma created by the Band that was the root of your pill problems.
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/11 1:58 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I never had pill problems with the lap-band, but everyone is different. I am also getting a revision to the gastric bypass on Sept. 7th 2011. :)     I also am seeking information on vitamin supplements and chewable Biotin pills. :)
Annette O.
on 8/23/11 2:42 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
Thank you for the link to vitalady. It was very iformative, for now I've gotten the vitamins my NUT recommended, B-12 in a sublingual form, multi and calcium in a chewable form, the only pills so far are the Iron and Folic acid. But her surgery bundles do seem convenient. 
  MS, I've already got my date for RNY, and yes I did consider the sleeve, my surgeon recommended the RNY.
  I'm I didn't get the name of the 3rd poster, but good luck with your revision, happening the week before mine.

Annette O
Most Active