how do you handle the not eating

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/11 7:09 am - San Jose, CA
I am working right now - to be blunt and short, if you don't know why, you haven't done your due diligence.  Read the posts on this board, at least 6 months worth.  Then go ask on the DS board, where there are quite a few revision patients, including people *****vised from RNY.  Crappy life style, living on a restricted diet for life, weight regain after a few years, reactive hypoglycemia, lifetime nutritional issues without caloric malabsorption, dumping, no drinking with meals, risk of cancer in the bypassed stomach without ability to examine endoscopically - I would rather have NO surgery than the RNY.
jenrich
on 8/24/11 9:08 am - Bridgeport, TX
WOW not to be blunt but there is no reason to be such a ***** I was just asking a question.. I thought that is what this websites all about is to help one another not insult one another.. Sorry i asked and good luck to you I am gonna stick by my RNY
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/11 9:19 am - San Jose, CA
Since I took a couple of minutes out of MY workday, while preparing for an important conference call with another attorney, to quickly answer your question, because your situation has a clock ticking, and I TOLD you I was going to be blunt because I was in a hurry, and yet you STILL find reason to find fault with my delivery of a well-founded warning, I now UTTERLY agree with you - you can't HANDLE a DS, and the RNY is probably the best choice for you.

Good luck with that - and please don't bother asking for MY help in the future.
sunnymicki
on 8/23/11 2:49 pm
I have found this little workbook to be extremely helpful in planning how to better deal with emotional eating and just the types of issues you are describing:

The Weight Loss Surgery Coping Companion, by Tanie Miller Kabala.  Here is the link on amazon:

tinyurl.com/WLSCopingCompanion
pandavenise
on 8/24/11 7:39 am
 Thanks so much I am ordering it right now :)))
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 12:10 am - Las Vegas, NV
I am also getting a revision from Lap-band to RNY. I have noticed the last week, that I am going thru some kind of "Mourning" phase of food. I have been drinking these shakes called Shakeology...and lately I have not been wanting to eat any solid food...REMEMBER i am PRE-OP.    I think I am actually trying to get in the mind set of not eating because I know I have a 6-8 week liquid phase.   This, of course does not mean I am not CRAVING everything I know I won't be able to eat post op though.   But...like i said...I haven't wanted to eat anything solid.

I was told by a friend of mine who has HAD the bypass....that for the first 6 months...she was not hungry at all. Then one day....about 6 months out...she got all scared because she had an appetite again, and the cravings for FOOD just came on...that is when you have to start listenin to your body.  Being a lap-band patient...i remember this all to well...listening to my pouch, getting that full feeling, and making the RIGHT choices as to what to put in it.  Of course feeling like you have a tennis ball stuck in your chest...makes ignoring that feeling impossible!!!!

I try to stay pretty active...so replacing the food...will not be hard for me, when my mind and body are active...my stomach and cravings are on the back burner, it's those idle times we have to watch out for....
some of my rules...these were BAND rules for me...(My own rules...not to be confused with Doctors orders) :)

No eating while at the computer....water
No eating while in the vehical...water
No eating while watching TV...water

If it is after 6pm...and you are craving something...go for a walk...and take water with you.

Of course I might have to add and revise this in some manner for the RNY....but not much I am hoping.

Good Luck with your REVISION...and please keep us posted.   My revision is Sept. 7th...I will get on here as soon as I have the opportunity and update my progress and PAIN level...as I am concerned about that...with a revision to RNY from a band I have had for 7 years  and Hiatal Hernia repair.   (Really concerned about scar tissue and erosion if any from my band.)
Most Active