Duke WLS

crothers2003
on 8/18/11 1:55 pm - Scottsville, VA
 Does anyone know how long it takes Duke to get in touch with you to set up initial appt. I completed the online even though not mandatory for revision. I have already been approved by AETNA to get the BPD/DS but can never get to set up appt bc when I didcall the number for the appt they said I have to talk to Christy Beck and she has never returned my call.
heazer
on 8/19/11 8:38 am - Cary, NC
 I attended their seminar, filled out the application online, and had a call within 14 days.  If you've gone beyond that I'm not sure what's up.  Did they confirm the person you need to talk to is not out of the office?
crothers2003
on 8/19/11 12:27 pm - Scottsville, VA
 Could only leave a message about a week ago......haven't heard a word!

heazer
on 8/19/11 11:22 pm - Cary, NC
 I have paperwork with contact numbers for Duke, but I'm not certain if any of it has changed.  It's only a couple of months old, but my surgeon's assistant had changed from what's on my paperwork.  At any rate, I'll pass the numbers along to you for Dr. Sudan and general contacts.  Hope they help!

Administrative Questions/New Patient Scheduling
for Dr. Sudan, Assistant Meghann Barrett (919) 470-7021
Application Processing, Taylor Bender (919) 470-7002
Administrator, Christy Beck (919) 470-7022
Insurance Questions, Financial Care Counselors (919) 470-7003 & (919) 470-7004

Good Luck!
heazer
crothers2003
on 8/25/11 9:54 am - Scottsville, VA
 Thanks so much for the info.....I heard from Taylor on Monday and she did receive all my info and was forwarding it to Christy and I should hear something by the end of the week. Haven't heard anything yet so hopefully tomorrow!

crothers2003
on 8/26/11 12:51 pm - Scottsville, VA
 Spoke with them to get my appt today and when she stated that my insurance required a six month supervised diet I dropped the bomb and told her I was already approved and I had the reference # for them when they call and she was kind of dumbfounded. She told me to call their insurance person and give them the reference # which I had to leave a message  and didn't hear back today. I was followed by my PCP for the last 2 yrs for diet control. This is what got me approved so quickly by insurance when she sent the letter directly to the insurance company
T V.
on 8/27/11 2:18 pm
Hopefully they will call you back soon. Dr. Sudan did my RNY. He is well worth the wait. It is my understanding that he actually specializes in DS. I have pulled numerous articles about him and the robotic DS. I have not read anything negative about him. Good luck!

Most Active