Frustrated - pc doc will not write letter

rauccibe
on 8/16/11 9:18 am - CT

I have been working towards a revision from my band to a sleeve. I have met with the new surgeon (yes  - i switched surgeons). new dietitian, did sleep study, bloodwork etc. Thought it would be easy to get my primary care doctor t write a letter. He did the last time when i wanted the band. He said now that i have a complete un fill i should wait six months and go through the fill process again and see what happens then he would think about a yr from now. I have ahd reflux and difficulty swallowing for the past year and been vomitting on a regular basis - I do not want to go through that again. I can sort of understand waiting a bit to see if the unfill makes a difference but i cannot see going through the misery again;

Just venting and need to regroup and see where i can go from here. Any suggestions?

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 9:22 am - San Jose, CA
Are you kidding me?  GET ANOTHER PCP!
LostInMyself
on 8/16/11 12:18 pm
Have you had a barium swallow or EGD? I was having the same problems and my lap band had slipped and somehow ended up on my esophagus. I really think you should find another dr.
Jeannie
Hislady
on 8/17/11 5:37 am - Vancouver, WA
Seriously!? Do what the other posters said get a new PCP and get an EGD you could have serious damage from the band!
rauccibe
on 8/17/11 8:50 am - CT
Thanks for the responses.  i have calmed down a bit today and called my gastro and OB to see if they would write the letter for me. Was told they would call back - waiting ( the story of my life lately)  The gastro did an EGD in the spring her report was sent to my new surgeon and he is reviewing the results to see if he can find something she did not.  I also contacted the surgeons offfice to see if t hey had names of a new PCP for me. It may take a bit longer than i expected but this will happen i will have the band removed and a revision done.
MARIA F.
on 8/17/11 9:14 am - Athens, GA

Get a new DR.!

Also you might want to join the FB Failed Band Group:

www.facebook.com/groups/199537600106847/

FormerlyFluffy.com

Lori F.
on 8/17/11 1:04 pm - Chula Vista, CA
OMG- NEW DOC TIME
Most Active