Attn: Revision People XPOST

wynter57
on 8/17/11 12:58 am - Panama City, FL
I'm about to have Revision to RNY from VBG surgery on Monday, August 22nd.

Yesterday I went to see my surgeon and he had told me that most of his revision patients don't make it as far to goal as those who are first timers and that they lose more slowly.

Would anyone who has had a revision surgery please advise the following:

1. How much did you lose?

2. Did you reach goal?

3. How long did it take you to lose your weight?

4. What types of surgery did you revise FROM and TO?

Thanks!
Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

Caryn W.
on 8/27/11 12:46 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Wynter,
   I am curious has to how you are doing now, after your surgery. Hope all is good..I am going for revision on the 7th of Sept.
Hope all went well..
Caryn
wynter57
on 8/27/11 12:50 pm - Panama City, FL
Hello Caryn! All went well. Revisions are a more complicated surgery. My surgeon was in there for 5 hours and I was in the hospital for five days!

However, the leak test showed no leaks (one of my fears). I was able to have the JP drain removed in the hospital so I did not have to have a drain when I came home. He's a great surgeon who was able to do this surgery (even though I had a lot of scar tissue) laparascopically rather than open (which was another one of my fears).

I am doing fine. I have gas pain from the lap surgery which was expected. Not nearly as painful as my first open surgery was though, so I thank God for that!!

Keep me updated as to how your surgery goes.

God bless and protect you!
Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

Caryn W.
on 8/27/11 12:57 pm - Las Vegas, NV

Wynter,
 Glad your surgery went so well. How many days did you have the drain all together? I am excited about my surgery but scared also...I have many fears as I am sure you did also. I am having my surgery in San Diego...with Dr. Wisbach at the Naval Hospital.   I am hoping it all goes well...I am sure it will, my doctor is really great.
 I will keep you posted and let you know how all goes on my end...
thanks for the information.
Caryn

wynter57
on 8/27/11 1:02 pm - Panama City, FL
Caryn, I had my drain in from the day of surgery (Monday) through to a couple of hours before I left the hospital on Friday.

My surgeon, Dr. Lord of Sacred Heart in Pensacola started his Bariatric career off at Portsmouth Naval Hospital.

We are retired Navy. I assume that you are all Navy folks too?

Yes, please keep me informed, I'll put in a friend request I hope you'll accept it.

Take care!!
Wynter

Caryn W.
on 8/27/11 11:40 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Wynter,
   We are actually retired Air Force...but the Naval Hospital has a huge Bariatric program and well...we don't have that at our Hospital here in Las Vegas. We were stationed in Tyndall AFB, before retiring out here to Las Vegas....and I use to see Dr. Nye in Pensacola. (Small world)   We had been stationed twice in Florida...both times in the Panhandle...Eglin AFB for 6 years and Tyndall for 1 1/2 prior to retiring. We did love the panhandle area and my husband tried to get hired on at Eglin...but no luck. So we came out West.
   I am hoping all goes smoothly with my revision and I have no complications...as I am worried about my band...had it for 7 years now, and the last 3 have been hell. I also have a hernia that is going to be repaired.
  I will try to keep posted after the surgery happens so everyone will know how it went...
really nice to meet you and hear your story...let me know how your progess goes...and how the weight loss is. :)

Caryn
Most Active