Revision Approval

nursegirl2001
on 8/30/11 7:35 am - Wichita, KS
You know I had my weight loss surgery Roux-En-Y July 28,2010 and have since lost 100lbs but can't seem to slip past 242lbs. I want this off like yesterday......Though I am grateful for the weight-loss, I want to lose my last 100 lbs. I figured since the Roux-En-Y worked for the original weight-loss project,maybe a revision will be equally successful........I do not feel attractive although I loo lots better than I did a year ago !!!! I still want it off......I pray that it happens for me.......and soon. I just called my doctors office today and look forward to an answer......Congrats on your revision.I can't wait to now how you will fare !!! Blessings and success to and for you!!!!
oi4me2day
on 8/18/11 1:09 am
Has any revision patients had to pay "surgeon fees" although the procedure is covered by insurance?
NOTHINGNICE
on 8/18/11 1:11 am - OAKDALE, MN
I have have never heard anyone say they had to pay surgeon fees.
Monique H.
on 9/1/11 6:08 am
Please don't be mad at me for posting this. I just wanted to make sure you have looked into every option. I had a revision of my rny to a distal rny and only lost 36 pounds (and I was working out 1.5-2 hours a day  4-6 days a week) so I feel obligated at times to share what was written in my Independent Medical Review when I had to fight for my revision to DS. This may not be the case for you, but I just wanted to make sure you know what has happened to me.

A 37-year-old female enrollee has requested bariatric revision surgery (duodenal switch) for treatment of her obesity.  Findings:  The physician reviewer found that the medical literature supports the opinion that the performance of a revisional procedure similar to the initial operation will fail in many instances, because the basic problem is metabolic and not mechanical. Rapid gastric emptying, as seen in this patient's case, leads to an enhanced insulin response resulting in either hypoglycemia or hyperglycemic episodes, and the most dramatic rises and falls have been associated with small pouches and wide anastomoses. Duodenal switch is a medically appropriate solution to the problem. If this procedure is not performed, the patient's comorbididites will likely worsen. Thus, bariatric revision surgery (duodenal switch) is medically indicated for this patient.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Lisha Jackson
on 9/1/11 7:28 am - Covington, GA
I hope by now you have had your revsion and all is well.  I was wondering what type of revision did you have?  I'm looking to kick start my weight after having 2 babies from 2006 thru 2010.  I do want to have my 3rd and LAST child before having a revision.  I have 2 scarotherapy I'm sure this missed spelled and I did lose weight but with after second baby I didn't lose I gained.  So I need to lose weight now before getting pregnant with the last baby.  So I looking in what I need to do for my revision after baby.

Thank you,
Lisha

"Having another chance in life will never be taken for granted"

Lisha Jackson

Most Active