Few Bumps in the Road....

knailnhair
on 8/15/11 1:17 am - Milford, NJ
About 10 days after I had my revision from band to bypass, I was taken to the hospital after vomitting blood and then passing out. I was having some internal bleeding...they gave me 4 units of blood and did an upper scope within 24 hours, that showed a small area that needed to be corterized, which they did and I went home. Feeling great and ready to tackle the world, but 2 days later I was releasing blood from the butt.....so another unit of blood and an upper scope and colonoscopey....let me tell you that stuff you have to drink is God awful!!!

They didn't find anything this time...could be from my old stomach but since the bleeding stopped we just have to "wait and see" or hope its run its course.

Well I'm home for 4 days now, eating soft foods and feeling good, very tired but I'm getting there. Everything seems to be doing well, no blood and hopefully on the mend.

People have asked me if I would do it all again...my answer....HELL YES!!!!!!  I love not feeling bloated and already my knees are pain free....I had lost 18lbs after my 1 week visit....I go back to my doc on Thursday so hopefully the scale has moved downward!!!!

Just wanted to share my experience and while it was a bit scary....I still believe this was the best decision I made!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

jlflbf
on 8/15/11 1:42 am - Shore Area, NJ
Glad to hear you are feeling better! What surgery did you revise to?
paulrap
on 8/15/11 4:53 am
Thank goodness you are feeling better Kimi! So sorry you have had to go through so much. Take good care and keep us posted.

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

knailnhair
on 8/15/11 5:13 am - Milford, NJ
Thanks! I revised to RNY!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Most Active