Dr. Keshishian - SoCal - YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE IT

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 2:42 pm
So I have been taking all of your words to heart....Absorbing....listening...thinking.  I decided to go to Dr. Keshishian's website at around 7:30 pm...I kept reading about his name on this site regarding revisions so off I went....

I filled out the form on his site...included the copies of my insurance card and writing about my experience...my sense of failure.

At 7:50 pm -- on a Sunday night -- my phone rang.  Guess who?  Dr. Keshishian himself.  I cried.  He asked why I was crying....I told him that I felt like a failure but had also heard he is one of the best at revisions.

He told me "It's not your fault"....explained the statistics and gave me more hope that I could ever imagined.  We talked for about 15 minutes and he then said I would hear from someone in his ofc in a couple of days.

If this is ANY indication of what kind of man Dr. K is -- and if I am blessed to get a surgery approved by TriCare -- I will get my life back.

Typically, if you here from a doctor at 8 pm on a Sunday night, it's not good news.  In this case,  will sleep like a baby tonight.

God bless those of you who gave me his name.  He is less than 45 miles from my home so I can go there easily.  Fingers crossed.

May all your dreams come true.

M

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 4:19 pm - San Jose, CA

What are you thinking of revising to?  Because unless I am seriously mistaken (it has happened in the past ... ), Tricare will not pay for a DS or sleeve:
http://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2011/02/14/2011-3207 /tricare-program-surgery-for-morbid-obesity

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 10:09 am
 Diane --

I got this.  I am a realist AND a very positive person.  

M
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 10:22 am - San Jose, CA
I just didn't want you to be misled about your chances. 

And a realist who is a positive person is JUST the sort best suited to FIGHT for your right to have the best treatment for you, and in so doing, perhaps advance the cause of getting Tricare to update their outdated bariatric policy.

Good luck - and of course your surgery failed you, you didn't fail your surgery.  Dr. K is great about reinforcing that affirmation.
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 10:31 am
 Thank you Diana!  I so appreciate it.

I spoke to TriCare 5X since Friday.  They seem to be training those reps better....

Dr. K' s office called TriCare and has approal already.  

I agree that regarding insurance, you have to be on it like stink on a monkey!  I only know what I know today but stay tuned for the roller coaster ride of bariatric surgery & Tricare.

Peace,

M
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 10:46 am - San Jose, CA

Wait, WHAT?  Dr. K already has approval for a DS (or VSG? either way, not covered by TriCare)??  Are you sure?  Do you know what CPT codes he is using?

sandy_mt
on 8/15/11 1:45 pm
 Congratulations!!  Looking forward to hearing about your journey!

Sandy

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 9:18 pm - Bayonne, NJ
I hope that everything will work out for you. Yes, he's a good doctor and yes, he's right that it's not your fault. Hang in there.
teachmid
on 8/15/11 10:02 am - OKC, OK
Yes, this is the kind of man he is. Hope it works out for you.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active