Dr Sudan

crothers2003
on 8/13/11 9:52 am - Scottsville, VA
 Has anyone used Dr Sudan for revision to BPD/DS?
Band to DS
on 8/14/11 1:42 am, edited 2/3/12 10:37 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

crothers2003
on 8/14/11 11:11 am - Scottsville, VA
 No I actually hit the wrong emotioncon.......although I have left a message at the office to call me me for an appt because I have already received approval from my insurance company
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 2:33 am
You scared me with the angry face!

There are lots of folks on here that have utilized Dr. Sudan.  Do a search with his name and lots of posts come up. 

So you've seen him already and are just waiting for a surgery date now that you're approved?

I'm not sure what your question about him is.  Give a little more info, might be able to help better.
crothers2003
on 8/15/11 3:24 am - Scottsville, VA
 No I am still waiting to hear back from his clinical coordinator, Christy. I have left her a couple of messages. I have been pre approved by Aetna already to get the revision. I was just wanting to know how long it takes to get the ball rolling and get the revision done since I have already been pre approved for him to do the procedure to the BPD/DS
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 11:12 am
How did you get pre-approved by Aetna without the surgeon petitioning? Just so that I'm clear, I believe all they have done is to verify that Aetna does not EXCLUDE the surgery. You don't have to do the 6 months of dieting thing? That's the first time I've ever heard of Aetna waiving that.
crothers2003
on 8/15/11 11:21 am - Scottsville, VA
 My PCP has been following me for the last 2 yrs which she stated in her letter along with sending in the recent EGD which showed the dilated pouch and jejunostomy. I got a call and a letter from Aetna 2 days later stating that I am approved as long as I can find a surgeon within network. The letter and phone call from Aetna gave a reference # so when I do find a surgeon that I feel comfortable with all they have to do is call Aetna and give them that to show it is pre approved!

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 11:31 am
Wow, good for you!

Did you go to the seminar yet? It is a requirement at Duke. You can do it online, but you have to do it before they will even speak with you. After I completed the seminar and requested an appointment online, they got back to me in about 3 days.
crothers2003
on 8/15/11 11:34 am - Scottsville, VA
 I did the online seminar even though it stated it was not required for revision
Band to DS
on 8/16/11 11:33 pm, edited 2/3/12 10:38 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Most Active