what to do

lucylou
on 8/13/11 2:43 pm - Canada
I haven't been on the board for awhile, but I have always come to it when I feel down or need some advice or answers.

I had my RNY surgery in Jan 2008. I was 276 when I had it and got down to 149. I then became pregnant and had a wonderful baby boy in Dec 2009. I gained weight while I was pregnant and am now 194. I can't stand myself and feel like such a failure.I had post partum depression after my son was born also. I am on antidepressants for it still. I can't seem to lose this weight no matter what I do. I am going to see my doctor in Ontario in the next couple of months.

I feel like I need a revision done. It doesn't even like the "tool" is working anymore, since I had my baby. I loved the tool and it worked so well with me and I was so happy.. I got a taste of the skinnier life and loved it. I now miss it.

I am also really anemic, but I work on that everyday with the vitamins.

Do you think, I could get a revision or am I just being silly. My doctor doesn't do revisions and so I will have to go to a different doctor. I don't know what to do..

Laurie
clpeltz
on 8/14/11 1:36 am
(((Hugs)))
I am sorry that you are having struggles right now.  I think going to visit with your surgeon is a great idea.  You can ask for an endoscopy so that he can check everything out and make sure that the stoma has not stretched out.  You are at a point now where there is not as much malabsorption of calories, so you'll need to watch what you eat and increase the exercise.  I realize that this is difficult and even more so with the depression.  I also suffer from PPD and have been on Antis for years.  It is an up and down rollercoaster, but I just hang on for the ride some days.  It may be a good idea to talk to a therapist to help with the depression.

Also, get some immediate help with your anemia.  What are your numbers?  You may need a different kind of iron or even an iron infustion.  You can see a Hematologist to evaluate that.  I am also really anemic and am finally getting in to see the Hem on Tuesday.  I am going to ask for a schedule of iron infusions and also ask for a script for proferrin forte.  That is a Heme iron that is supposed to be more easily absorbed by the body.  You may want to try that.  Getting the anemia under control will help with your energy level.  I don't know about you, but I am tired all the time and when I exercise I am utterly exhauted.

Laurie, I hope you find the answers you need soon.  It is no fun to not like the way you feel and look.  Keep us updated and ask any other questions that you may have!

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

Most Active