APPROVED FINALLY!!!

Lori F.
on 8/14/11 1:56 pm - Chula Vista, CA
 Hi! You were the one who explained to me what a peer-to-peer was but it was too late for me. I had already filed an appeal. My doc didn't know that you can have one or the other...dammit! So I am working on an IMR, but my surgeon doesn't do DS. He wants me to get an RNY but I have decided I want a DS so I am trying to figure out if I should go ahead with the IMR or to just start over with a DS surgeon. I've been advised to start over but I'm still trying to see what was submitted on my behalf. I'm also under 50 BMI (49!) so I know Cigna is going to harass me about approving that too. I'm working with some helpers from OH (Diana and Lorraine) so no matter how long it takes, I am going to get this done!!! Shelli and I have been fighting alongside one another.... We WILL succeed! So glad for you!!!
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
Sexyvt123
on 8/15/11 2:59 am
Im so glad you change your mind and going with the DS.  Diana and Lorraine are the best and will help you to the end.  If you need my help just let me know.  I say still get the IMR but speak with Diana and Lorraine first.  Have all your records and stuff transfer ASAP and request a copy of what was sent to your insurance for your records.  Request all of your notes from the surgeon. By the time I was done I had my entire file from NYU for my reference.  When Lennox Hill submitted my paper work, I made them send a copy over to me so I can have for my personal use. 

Frankie
on 8/15/11 2:49 am - NY
I've been off the boards for a few days, but I am so HAPPY that you have your approval!  Keep me posted on your date and such.  I am still working to get my medical records from my doctor to submit to help with my appeal.

So so happy for you

Frankie

Sexyvt123
on 8/15/11 2:54 am
Frankie

I thought everything was smooth sailing for your.  Who is writing your appeal for you?

Frankie
on 8/15/11 3:10 am - NY
Mary Rivera wants to send in some additional information and now my BMI is over 40 that will help with the approval.  My doctor has been out of the office and now she has returned so I am in the process of getting some old records that will help.

Sexyvt123
on 8/15/11 3:12 am
Ok im keeping my fingers cross. 

Lori F.
on 8/15/11 1:58 pm - Chula Vista, CA
Thanks! I actually ordered my records today. I'm done playing around!
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
Most Active