Revision Complete!

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 9:49 am
I had gastric bypass July 2007. On the day of surgery I was 237lbs., I lost 85 lbs.  On Monday, August 1, 2011 I had a revision, my weight on the day of revision was 154.  I am glad my insurance approved the surgery along with several other procedures I had done.  I was suffering with sharp stomach pain for about two years, I had CAT scans, MRI, endoscopy, colonoscopy and some of everything else to locate the pain.  My surgeon decided to perform a Diagnostic Laporoscopy, removal of scar tissue and adhesion.  I had found out my opening had stretched over a year ago and I noticed I was fluctuating between the same 5 to 7 lbs.  We discussed a revision awhile ago, but the insurance had denied the procedure.  Anyway, they finally approved the revision and I feel so much better.  I had obstruction of bowel, scar tissue and adhesion removed along with the revision.  He cut some of by belly and made the pouch smaller.

As of today I weigh 145 and my goal weight has been 130-138.
ALMOST there !.
on 8/13/11 11:31 am - MI
Congratulations on your revision. I had my RNY on June 20, 2007, and just had a revision on August 8th. I initially weighed 364# and lost 165, regained some and weighed in at 222 last week. I am now at 217#. Dr. found during testing that I had severe reflux and during surgery, he made my pouch smaller by half, and took a small section of intestine and fixed a severe hiatel hernia. I am virtually painfree . Looking foward to reaching my goal of at least 175#.
Margaret
Ads by GoogleAds by Google
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 1:30 am

I am sure you will reach your goal soon.  Congratulations and good luck!

sherline

Most Active