Anyone getting revised from lapband on 8/17??

MamaBplus3
on 8/9/11 1:27 am - Long Island, NY
(I also posted this on the VSG board)

This is going to be a bit whiny and I apologize in advance!!
I am soooo emotional and starting to freak out big time!  This liquid diet is so much harder this time around (2 weeks instead of 1) and even though I have lost 7lbs, you would think that would be a motivator. I am cranky, mean and depressed.  Who would think lack of food could do this to a person. I am trying to keep my eye on the prize...I can't wait to get this band outta me, and I know all will go fine, but my brain is so out of whack right now, I don't know what to do.
If there are any Sleeve Twins or Sisters out there...please tell me you are feeling maybe somewhat of the same way!

Donna

croftgarcia04
on 8/9/11 2:36 pm
Just take it an hour at a time, it will all be worth it in the end.  I had my band removed on May 3 and I could not be happier!  I hated that port.  Any way revised to an RNY  so far so good I am very happy I did it I have healed well.
Jody W.
on 8/10/11 1:49 pm - Windsor, CT
Take it one breath at a time.... I am going throug the same thing.... I have my scheduled for 08/16... nervous and growing.... Lapband to DS

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

CindyLyn
on 8/10/11 2:12 pm, edited 8/10/11 2:12 pm - Evadale, TX

I am having band to sleeve revision on Aug 16.  At  first the diet was killing me but I think I am used to it now.  I have only lost 2 lbs though.  Very disappointing!!  I am more nervous with this surgery than I was with my first.  I think I am just scared of leaving my kids for 3 days to do this.  Anyway, we will get through this and before you know it we will be past the surgery date and on our way to our new journey.  I look forward to sitting next to you all on the losers bench!!

Revision from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve.  August 16, 2011

Ramie A.
on 8/11/11 6:45 am - Bronx, New York, NY
I am going from band to RNY on the 17th.  The liquid diet has been harder this time around for me too, and it's also two weeks instead of one.  What is up with that??  YUCK.  The first week of the diet was "modified liquid" which was 3 protein shakes and a "sensible meal."  I did that for 7 days and am on day 2 of the full liquid.  And guess what?  Just 1 lb lost.  I suppose that's why I'm having the RNY -- my metabolism is so screwed up from diabetes, dieting and the band that despite low calorie diets, I don't lose weight. 

I'm not too nervous about the surgery, and I don't have children, but I AM nervous about the aftermath -- all that struggling with shakes and vitamins and stuff.  I've heard that eating is easier and better with the RNY (sorry, don't read the VSG board so I'm not sure of the effect there) than with the band.  But of course, always in the back of my mind is the fact that I "ate around" the band and worry that I'll do the same with the bypass.  The new information about the band tells me not to blame myself, that the band did nothing to deal with my metabolism or my hunger/satiety, but as you probably know, it's very hard to get that little bad man out of one's brain.

My mom is coming day after tomorrow, so i'm concentrating on work and cleaning the house, trying to keep those nagging thoughts at bay. 

Good luck to you!!

Lapband Nov 2006; revision to RNY 8/17/2011
5'3", HW: 205 / Consult: 189  /  SW: 184  /  CW: 140  /  GW: 130

Most Active