questions...

mjst220
on 8/7/11 3:40 am
I was banded on june 2008 and lost 20 pounds total and now weigh more than i did when i was banded. It has been a constant struggle of too much fluid or not enough and I also am having isssues with yeast..thrush. The infectious dr. thinks it could be my band causing an allergic type symptom. This brings me to the question of revision..I do want the band removed but i am really scared of bypass. My bff has had a leak 3 times and almost died. I need advice on this, very confused on what to do.
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 4:50 am - ewing, NJ
I was banded on 2005 lost about 30lbs. and weight fluctuates up and down for over 5 years. I currently weigh 5 lbs less than I did before I was banded. I have the reflux and heartburn and a recent visit to a new surgeon shows that my stomach is enlarged over top of the band. I am afraid of bypass as well. So I am trying to get revised to the Gastric Sleeve.......... Just do ur research and Good Luck with getting rid of ur Crap Band!!!!!
MsBatt
on 8/7/11 6:11 am
While you still have a relatively normal stomach, you should research the Sleeve and the DS. The DS has the very best long-term, maintained weight loss stats.
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 7:43 am
I was banded in 2007 and am in the exact same boat. I decided on the DS - seems like the best one out there for long term weight loss - but do your homework. Go on the DS, RNY and VSG boards and ask a lot of questions.

Best of luck
mjst220
on 8/7/11 11:39 pm

I will look into the DS. I am pretty sure my Dr. doesnt do that procedure but I will definately check on it!

Most Active