Wondering if I am out of my mind...

MamaBplus3
on 8/7/11 2:36 am - Long Island, NY
I am having my revision from Lapband to VSG on 8/17.  Am I crazy to consider going to Las Vegas for the weekend 4 weeks from that?  I know I won't be able to drink (not much of a drinker anyway) but will I be compromising myself in any way by going there a month after surgery???
Donna

CindyLyn
on 8/7/11 2:46 am - Evadale, TX
I'm having my band to sleeve revision 8/16.   I really don't have a answer to your question but I would think if you take it easy after surgery and keep up with your hydration it wouldn't hurt.  Just don't go crazy while you are there...LOL.   Good luck with your surgery!!  I am scared to death thinking about how fast the time is passing by.  It  is 9 days away for me and 10 for you. 

Revision from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve.  August 16, 2011

MamaBplus3
on 8/7/11 2:57 am - Long Island, NY
How are you doing on your pre-op diet? I am on day five of my totally liquid diet and even though I lost 2 lbs (which is kinda ******g me off for all this torture thought it would be more!) I am so over the edge it's ridiculous.  I was so emotional yesterday that while I was getting food out from the fridge for dinner and talking to my daughter, I just leaned my forehead on the fridge...she asked me what the heck I was doing and I pitifully said that maybe I could have some food by osmosis!! I did this diet before when I had the lapband put in, but this time it is SO much harder!!!!!!

I wish you luck with your surgery...see you on the other side!!!
Donna

CindyLyn
on 8/7/11 8:07 am - Evadale, TX
I didnt have to do the liquid diet in 2008 when I had my band put in.  I only had to do liquids one day and a bowel prep the day before .   I won't say it is killing me but I will say it is driving me insane.  I feel like I am in a mental fog constantly.  Today is day 5 for me and I think today I feel pretty good.  Just really tired.  Yesterday was a different story.  I was fixing my kids lunch and started feeling really sick at my stomach and everyone who crossed my path didn't get the best treatment from me.  Oh well we don't have that long before we go in for surgery so maybe the time will pass by fast.  By the way... I talked to one of my surgeons office staff friday, she said that I could have 2 ounces of protein once a day instead of one of my shakes.  I ate a small piece of chicken breast at lunch of day and I have to say it really helped me feel a little better.

Revision from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve.  August 16, 2011

Spiritus
on 8/8/11 3:55 am - Hawthorne, CA

I am scheduled for my VSG this Wednesday and am planning on traveling to NYC in September.  As long as you keep well prepared with the drinks and mushies you're allowed to have in serving containers, you'll be fine. With all the lights and sounds, you may forget to drink and that is the only downfall I could see happening.

My Lapband was removed in February and my surgeon had me wait 6 months for my sleeve. I am so happy that my surgeon gave me lorazapam for my anxiety....without it, I am pretty sure I would cancel this part of surgery like I did earlier this year.

Take lots of photos, carry a water bottle full of protein and keep something quick to consume in your purse. You'll be ok.

Most Active