I feel like I am a failure at this.

Penny Huddleston
on 8/7/11 1:27 am - New Braunfels, TX
 I had my revision February 22,2011, In the beginning it was great was loosing well. Then it hit the weight loss started crawling no matter how much I execised or how little i was eatting I could not lose what I wanted to lose. I am almost 6 months out and it has all but stopped. I cant eat a lot of different things mostly still on semi soft foods. I have had alot of problems with strictures and now I have a form of colitis.I want this so badly. I know it is not good for me but I sit and cry alot. My family is frustrated with me because when they want to eat somewhere there is nothing I can eat..I just feel like I am losing this thing and something else is consuming me. I expect more of a weight loss apparently so did everyone else in the free world they call to say they are checking on me and how I am but the only question I am getting is how much have you lost or what do you weigh now..Sometimes I want to scream.I know I have not lost as much as most people that had surgery the day i had mine but I am trying  and staying on what my surgeon told me.I don't knwo why I am not loosing fast or loosing slowly.I just needed to vent.
teachmid
on 8/7/11 4:50 am - OKC, OK
I am so sorry you are experiencing these problems. What kind of a revision did you have? What does your surgeon say?
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Penny Huddleston
on 8/7/11 6:40 am - New Braunfels, TX
My surgeon says I am doing good. I had a revision RYN gastric bypass. I had my first one in August 1980. I did great with that one.But this one has gone slow and alot of problems. But I am counting my blessings and praying.Thats all I can do.
CarmelCandy777
on 8/7/11 5:54 am

Hi, I'm sorry about your experience.  I'd I had a RNY in 2/2003 and I'm currently planning a revision.  My surgeon informs me that while most will have good weight loss success, some may only lose 30-40 pounds.  I realize that there are no guarantees but all you can do is try your best and talk to your surgeon.  If it's possible maybe you should request a consult with the nutritionist. I wish you well.

Penny Huddleston
on 8/7/11 6:41 am - New Braunfels, TX
I had a RYN revision. I had my first RYN Bypass in 1980. Lost great with that but had it redone in Feb.2011 I have only lost 68 pounds. I am not goign to give up but am praying I get under 200.
teachmid
on 8/7/11 7:09 am - OKC, OK
I had a RNY in 1989 and revised to a DS last December. The first surgeon consulted suggested a RNY revision, and was clear that the weight loss would be a lot slower after a revision.

I eventually decided on a DS and have found it to be quite true. In fact I have a number of OH friends who had similar revisions the same time I did, and we're all in the same boat.

Again, I can't speak to your eating and nutritional needs, because it's different with a DS. I continue to eat my protein, be mindful of my carbs and have increased my activity and hope that the weight loss will continue.

I understand about the eating frustrations, because I have had some intolerance to dense proteins (meats, etc), so I get concerned if we go out . I have found what some of my "safe foods" are and go with that. I do rely heavily on protein shakes and coffees.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active