Home from surgery!!!! :)

Cheryl N.
on 8/3/11 9:39 am, edited 8/3/11 9:40 am - Des Moines, WA
It was a success... had surgery done on 8/1/11 and just got home this afternoon.  

The pain is minimal, had lots of yummy drugs. 

I think I may have had a reaction to the catheter placed in me during surgery and they usually remove it the next day.  Because it is made with latex, it was burning my insides, and making it hard to pee, etc ... and they said they can't do anything, and it was extremely uncomfortable that I started to cry and scream and finally demanded they take it out NOW.  They did and then I felt much better immediately.  So they put up a sign on door "No latex".  It kept me up most of the night the first night.

I told my surgeon Tues morning when he came on his rounds, and he said I could have had it removed on my demand, which I did eventually when I started screaming and crying. 

I am on pureed food now for 4 weeks.   YUM!  Pureed lunch was turkey and green beans, it was like thanksgiving!! 

I will keep you updated on my progress!! 

Oh BTW, I did ask surgeon if there were anything wrong with the lapband, he said no, it looked fine, and positioning was good.  It just didn't work for me like it doesn't work for most people.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

paulrap
on 8/3/11 10:32 pm
Cheryl - great news! Glad you are home and recovering. Keep us posted on your progress. I am scheduled 9/26.

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

Cheryl N.
on 8/4/11 1:52 am - Des Moines, WA
On August 4, 2011 at 5:32 AM Pacific Time, paulrap wrote:
Cheryl - great news! Glad you are home and recovering. Keep us posted on your progress. I am scheduled 9/26.
Congrats.  What are you revising to?

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

paulrap
on 8/4/11 4:30 am
RNY too. Was actually interested in the sleeve but after some research I have decided on the RNY. 

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

Band to DS
on 8/3/11 11:41 pm, edited 2/3/12 10:24 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

TamaraL
on 8/4/11 10:47 am
shelli,

have they submitted to insurance yet??

Band to DS
on 8/4/11 2:44 pm, edited 2/3/12 10:24 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

topaz11
on 8/4/11 8:27 pm
Fingers crossed ,Shelli.  Keep us posted!

Holly O.
on 8/4/11 2:58 am - FL
Cheryl, Welcome Home!!  I had the revision 7 weeks ago from band to rny.  There was nothing wrong with my lapband either.......kept it for  4 1/2 years with not much weight loss. I have had zero problems with the RNY and am down 35 lbs.  I never did that with the lapband!!  Good luck to you, I think you will be thrilled with yur new surgery!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
topaz11
on 8/4/11 7:50 am
Congratulations!  Glad you are home and doing better.  I must say though, I am suprised you are not on full liquids, instead of pureed foods.  That is cool.  I am 2 appts away from scheduling my revision.  BEST OF WISHES TO YOU!

Most Active