One week post-op!!!!!

knailnhair
on 8/2/11 4:15 am - Milford, NJ
Just came from my 1 week post op doctor visit with Dr Abkin. Got my staples out, down 18lbs!!!!!! Feel great!!!

Surgery went great, in hospital 2 nights then home to recoup. Soreness on left side but very minimal pain. Sipped my fluids and kept moving and the gas wasn't bad. I'm on full liquids until Friday then I can go to soft/mushy foods!!!!! I'm craving everything and can't wait to chew!!!!!

What are some of your soft food concoctions???????

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

paulrap
on 8/2/11 6:12 am
Hi Kimi!

Awesome news I had been thinking about you. We were banded sort of close together and I am scheduled for a revision on 9/26. Nervous as hell! I am so glad to hear you are feeling good. Take good care and keep us posted on your progress.

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

knailnhair
on 8/2/11 10:24 am - Milford, NJ
Awwww thanks! Dont be nervous, you'll do fine!!! Why the revision? What did you decide to revise to??

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

paulrap
on 8/2/11 10:51 am
Diagnosed with 2nd slip at the beginning of July. I am revising to the RNY - not comfortable with the amount of data available on the sleeve. I am hoping to lose a bit more but mostly I don't want the regain. . .

talk soon!

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

Hislady
on 8/3/11 7:12 am - Vancouver, WA
Just wanted to point out that basically the sleeve surgery has been done since the '40s for stomach cancer and the sleeve is basically the same surgery. It just hasn't been used for weight loss until recently. From what I've read on the sleeve forum it seems to be very successful so far. Good luck anyway!
Most Active