New to forum.. Have questions!

LostInMyself
on 7/31/11 12:25 pm
I guess i should start with an intro, My name is jeannie and i am working on getting a revision from the lap band to RNY.  I had my lapband placed in  Nov. 2007. I lost fairly well at first only to have a slip and now i have regained every pound i lost. My questions have to do with the psychological exam.  What exactly can i expect to be put through? I am scheduled for Tuesday and really starting to stress out over talking to someone about my weight. I usually start crying when i try to discuss the failure of my lapband and i don't want to make the psych think i have bigger issues than just being severely disappointed in the entire process.
Hislady
on 8/1/11 8:18 am - Vancouver, WA
For myself I had a 3 booklet question and answer to fill out,l took a couple of hours. Then I came back a week later and had a 1/2 hr. talk with the doc, evidently the answers gave him all the info he needed. He mostly just wanted to make sure I understood the procedure and aftercare.
Band to DS
on 8/1/11 9:22 am, edited 2/3/12 10:19 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

LostInMyself
on 8/3/11 10:18 am
Thanks yall! It all went pretty well i think... I did tear yp when i started discussing my lapband failure and the psych. wanted me to explin y feelings :( I think i summed it up fairly well, thousands of dollars, years of my life, two surgeries and tons of pain and heath issues should make anyone cry :) She agreed and we moved on so now i am waiting to hear how i "scored: in the test booklets.. Thanks again for the info.
Jeannie
Most Active