It's almost like the band knows..

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 12:52 pm
Okay, how weird is this  I failed on the band in a big way.  My SW was 225, HW 245 and my lowest weight was 191.  I am now 230lbs and decided to get a DS.  In the last few weeks, I can't get anything but liquids and bad stuff down (the cookies slide right down but the chicken? No go), have heartburn all the time, pain at my port, nausea when I eat, etc.  I swear it's like the band knows it's coming out and is revolting.  It's the Lapband Last Stand.

I hate this stupid thing, I can't wait for it to be gone...
airbender
on 7/29/11 8:47 pm
well not weird at all the esophogus is very sensetive to stress and change so it will become "tight" there were many, many days I could not eat due to stress, change etc,.....
Hislady
on 7/30/11 8:18 am - Vancouver, WA
Then I say eat ice cream till the bugger comes out! At least know that your aren't alone, check out the failed band board. There are SOOOOOO many others who have the same issue. You didn't fail the band, it failed you! Good luck on a revision!
Band to DS
on 8/1/11 9:59 am, edited 2/3/12 10:21 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Most Active