vevision from band to rny

Twinels2
on 7/28/11 10:12 am - Morgantown , PA
I met with my surgeon today and have decided to go through with a revision to bypass. I like the band but, my metabolism test showed my metabolic rate is pretty low. I met with the nut to see if she could help me reduce my calories and she suggested i talk to my doc about a revision because lowering my calories much more could lower my met rate even more. I have been trying hard to do the band rules and not losing so , I have decided to go with bypass. Most like it will be done in mid September. 
If anyone has been through this and would like to share their experience I would love to hear from you.
Thanks Sharon 
FLJeepGirl
on 7/29/11 1:01 pm
I was successful with my band the first year...now three years post op I've gained all my weight back and had complications from port pain/movement to epsophagus issues. My husband is also banded and now a few years post op and has maintained the 55% loss that band-surgereons deam a success - he originally lost 90% of the weight he needed, but has ended up gaining 50 pounds back.  I'm not 100% anti-band but I don't believe it is for everyone.

My new doctor says due to my complications and body's reaction to the band - it has to go!  I am having my band removed on Monday, August 1st and revising to RNY at the same time.  My insurance company has approved the revision.  Good luck with your decision and make sure you do your homework :-) - I'm sure you will and have...my doctor believes the only way I will be able to lose and maintain my loss is through RNY.  There are other revisions available and like the band I believe they are all specific to the person.
                      Leslie
       Lap-Band 4.11.08                                     RNY Revision 8.1.11
       HW 276/ SW 259/ LW 219                       HW 283/ CW 218

Most Active