X post - Introduce myself - new here seeking revision from RNY to DS

adnerb
on 7/25/11 6:07 am
I have been a member for a short while and posted on here a few times! I figure it is time I introduced myself.  Here is a little info about me! Please know that I look forward to learning a lot more about the DS from all of you.  I have read DS Facts a lot of other info as well.

I had RNY done lapriscopicaly in 2000 and lost most of my extra weight.  Since then I have regained a good deal of the weight previously lost.

I am seeking revision surgery.  Until I read several of the forums on here, I was not sure what my options were.  Thanks to all the wonderful folks on here that share their stories and info on here.  It has all helped me to decide the DS is the best option for me

I would appreciate anyone that has stories (advice/input wheter good, bad, and ugly etc) regarding revision to DS, to post or send me messages!  I do truely appreciate everyone thoughts :)!!  It is good to know we are all in this together. 

I am self pay and currently considering travel to Canada from Oklahoma for surgery with Dr. Gagner.

Thanks ~ Many Blessings to you all.
 Brenda
smileyjamie72
on 7/25/11 6:23 am - Palmer, AK

Welcome!!!!

Here are some good links to research....

http://www.dssurgery.com/about/publications/duodenal-switch- safe-operation.pdf

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4416773/quotDoes-the-Patient -Fail-the-Procedure-or-Does-the/

Also, you can read "My Story" in my blog (on the bottom) I thought for a long time that I was THE failure!!!!!  After the research I have done...... I am NOT!!!!

Also, here are some recent self-pay prices in this link.....
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4382488/i-am-now- a-self-pay-patient-where-the-h-do-I-go/

GOOD LUCK!!!!! & Keep posting!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

alaja957
on 7/26/11 1:25 am
Hello I am a new RNY person too, just posted above you.  My current surgeon wants to do the band over bypass but I am researching the DS options.  Please feel free to share more of your experience on this journey. 
michelehei
on 7/26/11 12:43 pm
 Hi Brenda,

I am traveing to Canada to have a revision from a VBG to the DS with Dr. Gagner on August 25.  I have done lots of research and have decided the DS is the way to go.  The DS vets say that the maintenance is wonderful.  I had my VBG 16 years ago.  Dr. Gagner is suppose to be wonderful.  Good luck with the process and I think the DS is a great choice.

Kim
adnerb
on 7/26/11 2:05 pm
Thank you Kim!  I will be looking forward to hearing more about your progress!  Would love to ask more questions later too!  Best wishes on your pending revision too! 
Brenda
michelehei
on 7/26/11 10:36 pm
 Thanks Brenda!
I am the one asking all the questions now!!  I can't imagine being the one to be able to answer questions but I guess my time will be here really soon.  July flew by and August 25 is right around the corner.  Please don't hesitate to ask ANYTHING!!  I am happy to help and I am finding out the more I know the more comfortable I am.  Did I say comfortable???  I won't be saying that on surgery day!!!  Thanks again! Take care!!

Kim

Suzanne H.
on 8/1/11 11:49 am - Warminster, PA
I too am following in your footsteps.  I had RNY in 2004, had child in 2008 & 2009.  Revision to DS 9/18/11.  Very excited. I am not a self pay or this would not be happening.  Someone must be looking out for me.

Best of luck.
Most Active