has anyone had EGD with sclerotherapy?

robinfrommilw
on 9/6/11 6:08 am - WI
I had my endoscopy with sclerotherapy today. I don't remember anything since I had light sedation and seem to be over very fast. I was given pain meds and nausea meds. They did give me 2 doses of the pain meds I don't recall the name of it start with a D and stronger than morphine she said. I still have some gas, nausea and pain but not as bad as I expected but only been since this morning. Time will tell. but they did say my outlet was very huge and they gave me 8 injections and need to come back in 4 weeks to have it done again. May take 2 to 4 more procedures to get it to where it needs to be. No wonder I gain 48 lbs in a year. Also said that also the problem with my constipation my food doesn't sit long enough in my pouch for it to break down either. I weigh in today at 183.4 and I was 135 last year this sucks to gain this much weight back even though I workout 7 days a week. If I didn't work out I probably be over 200 lbs and I never want to see 200 or 300 lbs ever again. If this don't work then we can try to get the insurance to pay for a revision but surgeon I need to try this first and up to 4 times before insurance will even consider a revision so he sent me to the GI doctor which I didn't meet until today the day of my procedure
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

gordan
on 10/1/11 7:52 am - Quincy, MI
Robin,
I am scheduled this next month. How are you doing at this time?

I would love the input thanks cherri
robinfrommilw
on 10/1/11 8:23 am - WI
The procedure went well you will have pain in the stomach and maybe the throat may be sore afterwards. The stomach hurt and they gave me pain meds via iv as well as nausea med. They had to give me pain meds twice. You don't stay long go home in couple hours. I had some pain at home took my pain meds I already take the next day I had some pain but after that day I was back to gym and no problems. I went from 183.4 to 173.8 which is good for only going to be a month on Tuesday. Which I am schedule for another one that same day. I guess they do it 4 weeks apart so this is number 2. I was told my stoma (outlet) was very  huge and they gave me 8 injections to help shrink it.

Good luck to you I will post how my 2nd one goes. I got a busy month as hubby having his 4th back surgery on the 24th of october so he has to donate 2 pints of blood for his own surgery so he has to do it 1 week apart then got his pre op phyiscal, blood work, chest xray and ekg. And then his family dr has to approve it and that is healthy enough to go thru this surgery. Having decompression and fushion of the L4-L5 which is above his last 2 surgeries. plus got all my kids dr appts, school meetings  and mine appts october is way to busy for me. yikes going to need a vacation after this month. he will be in the hospital for 3 to 5 days. They found that his disc has a tear in it. Has degentative disc disease. So hopefully I dont stress eat this month. So hoping this procedure keeps me from over eating
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

robinfrommilw
on 10/1/11 8:26 am - WI
They never put me on any liquid diet just to take in food as tolerated. So by next day i was eating normal food without any issues. But i lost 10 lbs in a month so that is good slow is better to hopefully stay off too and exercise 7 days a week too
My facebook page is:

gordan
on 10/1/11 9:11 am - Quincy, MI
Thanks I am 9 yrs out from surgery and this past yr I have gained 40 lbs. Overall I am up 70 lbs. My stoma is 3mm and the pouch is normal. I have low blood sugar issues a lot. I will have it done on 10-28 and then my dr wants to do it again in 3 weeks. Please keep me posted on how your 2nd one goes. Best of luck to you and your family.
robinfrommilw
on 10/1/11 10:39 am - WI
I am little over 2 yrs out and gain over 40 lbs or more back so needed something asap. I had upper gi and the fluid went right thru my stoma so fast. My pouch is also normal but they said it is normal for the stoma or pouch to stretch out over time. I am glad they have this procedure which is better going thru another thru another surgery like a revision. wow in 3 weeks after each other I was told every 4 weeks how many did they tell you that you will have? Did you have upper gi too? I kept my surgeon that I was eating to much and constantly hungry after I would eat but they did nothing until I gain like 40 lbs back. ugh Even though I exercise every day just couldn't stop the weight gain and eating Good luck to you. I don't ave any low blood sugar issues I use to be diabeteic as well but been of meds since my surgery
My facebook page is:

gordan
on 10/23/11 7:01 am - Quincy, MI
Hi robin how are you doing with the second one? Mine is this week getting a little nervous.

Cherri
robinfrommilw
on 10/23/11 7:26 am - WI
The second went fine going for the 3rd on Nov 14th you will have some pain after the procedure but a day or so you will be fine like nothing even happen. I was able to eat anything after the procedure the following day. I did a soft diet the first day. Lately been stress out my husband back surgery is tomorrow morning so not doing well with my diet lately. I was told it could take 3 to 4 procedures
My facebook page is:

gordan
on 10/23/11 7:46 am - Quincy, MI
Thanks for the update my dr had said at least 3 so I will expect that. I was wondering on food once it is done with. Good luck tomorrow.
robinfrommilw
on 10/23/11 8:19 am - WI
I suggest to eat soft foods or like chicken soup is what i had the first day and yogurt stuff like that. Next day I was eating like normal. I have notice some restriction but at times like slider foods I don't get full as fast. But it is better than it was. I have lost some but go up and down hitting plateaus even though I exercise every day. Hoping number 3 will do the trick if not I will do number 4.

Good luck to you as well. let me know how it all goes for you. The procedure doesn't last long I woke up and like what it is over with. Wasn't even out that long the last thing I remember is looking at the clock and out went the lights didnt' remember anything after that but when I woke up. And you can't drive for 24 hours after the procedure.
The 2nd procedure was done 4 weeks after the first one and the 3rd one was done 6 weeks after the 2nd procedure. I was told if they go down there and say it isn't to big then they don't do the sclerotherapy so if this 3rd i go they might not do the injections but I hope they do. I want to make sure it is small enough to keep the food in longer
My facebook page is:

Most Active