Do they do these things on purpose???LOL

CindyLyn
on 7/25/11 6:23 am - Evadale, TX

I called my insurance company about 45 minutes ago because I was just curious to see if progress had been made with my case.   The girl I spoke with said that I was  APPROVED on July 21, 2010.  I made her repeat herself because I wanted to make sure that I heard her right.... Again she said  Approved!!  I started crying on the phone becasue I felt a weight being removed from my shoulders.  She stated that the letter would be going out to my Surgeons off this week.....  As Soon as I got off the phone with Insurance I called my surgeons office and told the Lady there that I found out I was approved..... she tells me   "I spoke with them this morning and they stated that you are still in review and that it would be another 7- 30 days before they would make a ruling...."  WTH!!!!  I don't understand what is going on here!!!   The Coordinator assured me that she would find out what is going on and get back with  me..... I'm NOT holding my breath!!      

Revision from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve.  August 16, 2011

Jody W.
on 7/25/11 7:28 am - Windsor, CT
Because the HEAD does not know the A$$ is doing....
and they want to drive us NUTS!

Dont let them do it to you....
Keep calling....
GOOD LUCK!!!  and
CONGRATS cuz u r APPROVED!

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

Sexyvt123
on 7/25/11 8:26 am
OMG what is wrong with these people.  Did you get the name of the person you spoke to?   If I was you I would call back the insurance and tell them email or fax the letter to you.  At this point the letter should be in the system and they can fax it or email it to you.  I know when I heard they denied me I wanted a copy of the letter right away before it was even sent out to my Dr.  They fax it to me right away.  Have it sent to you and then send it to the coordinator.  Dont even bother to sit down and wait.  Im crossing my fingers you heard right and your approved. 

CindyLyn
on 7/25/11 8:19 am - Evadale, TX

I just got a call back from the Surgeons office and I WAS RIGHT..... I DID GET APPROVED!!!  The Coordinator called and said that she must have gotten me and another patient mixed up....
 I am beyond excited.  I will find out tomorrow about a possible surgery dates.... Thank you all for putting up with my whining and gripping  for the past 5 months!! 

Sexyvt123
on 7/25/11 8:30 am
YES!!!!!!! Im so happy to hear that you finally got APPROVED.  I hope to have some good news like that when I go see Dr Roslin on Wed.  BCBS wants to have a Peer to Peer with Dr Roslin.  From what I heard Dr Roslin is no joke when it comes to the peer to peer so im hoping and praying for a great outcome.

Congrats again Cindylyn

Band to DS
on 7/25/11 10:38 am, edited 2/3/12 10:17 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

CindyLyn
on 7/25/11 11:01 am - Evadale, TX

Thank you all so much!!  

Frankie
on 7/26/11 1:05 am - NY
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Duck_Girl
on 7/25/11 9:28 pm
Congats!!! 

Most Active