Revision Surgery Monday

knailnhair
on 7/21/11 11:08 pm, edited 7/21/11 11:10 pm - Milford, NJ
Just a wee bit emotional the past few days as my RNY surgery approaches. Funny I wasn't like this before my Realize Band surgery.

This time I will be out for 6 weeks so I'm looking forward to not rushing the process of healing!!!

Making my list and checking it twice to make sure I have all the proper pills/meds I will need for after the surgery. Getting all my alotted liquids this weekend for the next week or so.

How are all the recent post ops doing??? Any words of wisdom from the Veterans???

I know I'm in great hands, I have the best surgeon in the world!!!!! :)

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Cheryl N.
on 7/22/11 12:52 am - Des Moines, WA
Congrats!!  I'm having mine done a week after you!!!  

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Hislady
on 7/22/11 8:16 am - Vancouver, WA
Congrats ladies I wish you both the very best and speedy recovery!
(deactivated member)
on 7/23/11 7:47 am
Congratulations...I had the same surgery on July 5th. I'm finding this easy so far. I have a sense of being full that I never had with the band. Good luck and feel free to reach out with any questions.
Amy_Kleve
on 7/23/11 11:49 am - Adrian, MN
I understand how you feel, I will be having a revisoion about a week after you.
I'm an emotional reck! One minute, I am excited to finally get healthy! The next minute... Im asking myself why I'm doing it.
I find myself crying a lot and talking to God. Its a big step we are taking revision from band to a more invasive surgery.
I'm scheduled to be out for 5 weeks.
Good luck to you!!!

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

paulrap
on 7/25/11 10:45 pm
I am hoping for a revision surgery sometime in September but have not made a decision on the sleeve or the RNY.  I can imagine you are emotional - none of us expected to be having another surgery! Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery - please keep us posted on your progress. . .

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

Most Active