Gastric Fistula/Insurance

deblawre1101
on 7/20/11 2:33 am
 RNY gastric By-Pass- 2001- had begun to gain some weight back but thought it was poor eating habits. Last June/2010 I was admitted to hospital with horrible stomach pains. Never found out the cause but the doc who did my endoscope said that My pouch was leaking in to my stomach. I have since moved  and my previous doc is no longer practicing. I went to see a doctor with a SUPER EGO- but if I can get fixed, I can tolerate it.
Anyway, does anyone know the changes of Cigna approving this or am I out of luck. I have gained  1/2 of my weight back- a great deal from the depression of the whole thing.
Thanks for any help.. I am in Southern Florida.... Excuse any typing mistakes..I tried to fix them but it's hard when you are crying most of the time.
Debra
Lori F.
on 7/20/11 10:25 am, edited 7/20/11 10:26 am - Chula Vista, CA
 Debra- I feel your pain. I am fighting with Cigna right now about my band. Call the customer service number on your card and get a copy of your policy. Then, go to the revision board here on OH and post what it says. No doubt there is someone there who can help you. In my case, I cannot have the band removed because there is no "mechanical failue" of the band. I guess puking everyday isn't enough. Anyway- good luck with your fight. Don't give up. You deserve the best. Look into the DS. It might be a solution. 
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
Most Active