LB to VSG to DS???

Virgie Tschirhart
on 7/16/11 11:04 pm - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17
Hi!

I had the Lap Band in 2008.  Lost  about 13 lbs and gained back 17 lbs.     

I had the VSG in 2009.  Lost about 30 lbs and gained back 15 lbs.   

Looking into getting the DS switch.  Is it a good idea to do that?  I have really been doing my best not to eat carbs, but I'm struggling so much, cause I'm having a whole lot of stress, going through menopause, have to much Testamone,  I go to carbs for comfort.  I'm not a discipled VSGer as most VSGers.  I am going to a Therapist right now, just started with my first session.  She told me that I had a lot of trauma in my life and that is the reason why I eat the carbs. 

I wish that I had the DS from the beginning.  I had to pay for the VSG, BCBS Federal would not cover the VSG.  I hope they will cover the DS if I decide to go that way. 

I'm going to try to work with my VSG.  However, if I do all that I'm supposed to do and still not lose any more weight, I'm going to seriously consider the DS.

Any comments or thoughts? 

Babygirlinokc

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

Band to DS
on 7/16/11 11:25 pm, edited 2/3/12 10:05 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

airbender
on 7/17/11 6:57 am
unfortunetly there is no surgery that allows you to eat simple carbs at will, with the DS 100% of simple carbs are absorbed, so that would not help you either.  A DSer stays away from carbs, eating good quality proteins first, then fats, and if room low carb, complex carbs.  as a DSer you have to be very disciplined, making sure you eat your protein first, eating carbs first could be detrimental to your health,,,wishing you well
Most Active