my band revision to Gastric bypass update

rosepatty62
on 7/12/11 2:02 pm
Thanks to all who kept me in prayers on July 5th for my revision surgery.  My surgery went pretty smooth around 1.5 hours.  I had very good care but had a bump in the road on day 2 when I developed low blood count resulting in needing 2 pints of blood.  My JP tube in my stomach took a while to slow down.  I left the hospital on the 4th day instead of 3rd.  It took 3-4 days for the darn JP tube to stop bleeding -located under right breast which was trully messy and a pain bleeding through my shirts but has now stopped.  I am tired but eating the pureed protein as advised by my Dr,  I try to eat 2tbs. but it is hard with no apetite.  Drinking fluids but just really tired.  I need to be patient it is only 1 week today so I just take things day by day.  I go to see my Dr. on Friday morning so we'll see how much i weigh.  I feel headachy but assume that it is just part of the recovery compounded by the need for 2 units of blood which is also making me extra tired.  So there is my story....tired stomach is bruised but taking it one day at a time!  Just wanted to update you guys.  Thanks:)
Frankie
on 7/13/11 1:41 am - NY
Congrats on your surgery, wishng you a speedy recovery.

Frankie

Most Active