Clothes you've kept over the years

travelingirl
on 7/13/11 3:16 am - CA

Oh boy Oh boy!!! As I have been loosing my weight. I have been going through the my clothes that I have carried around for the past 9 years. It feels so good to put on clothes and just to find out I have to get rid of them. Plus I fit in to my favorite pair of jeans this morning!!! They might be a bit snug but, Boy my butt looks good in them.

So where are you at? Did you have clothes that you just couldn't get rid of? Have you been trying them on with every 5 pounds you loose? Or am I just overly obsessed?

raingal
on 7/16/11 6:24 pm - Surrey, Canada
Haha!  I know just what you mean!  We moved a year ago into a much smaller house, and for space reasons I took all my "small" clothes which I've had in boxes for YEARS and put them in those vacuum bags, so they get packed in really tight.  Well, I stacked those solid bags by size, with the size sixes on the bottom and the size twelves on the top (I have everything bigger than that in my closet), on a deep shelf.  They stack about 2 feet high!  They look like the layers of the earth, and I said to my husband, if you start at the top and go down it's like an archeologist digging through the layers of my life, to back when I was in my early 20s. 

Actually, I do have one sweater that I bought when I was 16.  It is my all-time favourite piece of clothing, in my favourite colour (periwinkle blue).  Now that I have had my surgery, I intend to wear that sweater next spring.  I can't wait!  

Today I was packing for a vacation and I had to try on all my summer clothes, because I really didn't know what would fit or be too big.  I have a huge stack of clothes to get rid of (hooray!).  I understand the excitement of getting into those jeans you loved a few years ago...what a feeling!
I actually packed a shirt that I think will fit me when I'm about 190...which is six pounds away.  At the rate I've been losing, it could fit me by the last couple of days of our 2-week trip.  And in another couple of months I'll probably start excavating the top layer of that shelf...
Banded 6/17/2008
Band-to-sleeve revision 6/17/2011 - Dr. Jaime Ponce de Leon

Most Active