My story- need feedback

dozer
on 7/11/11 7:06 am - Branford, CT
 Hi everyone,
I was a successful lap-bander for a year, losing 65 pounds.I loved my band, and had no problems with it. While on a cruise to the Bahamas in April, my band slipped. I spent the last two days of the cruise in incredible pain in the infirmary. An ambulance was waiting for me in port that brought me directly to the hospital. The band had slipped down to the middle of my stomach and was strangling it. I had emergency surgery, and my band was removed. My doctor said that it was nothing I had done wrong. The angles of my stomach caused the band to slip so severely. He cannot put in another band, as he feels the same thing will happen. I feel like I jumped out of a plane with a perfectly good parachute, and before I hit the ground, someone took it away from me! I have already gained 10 lbs. Two weeks ago my surgeon recommended a revision to a vertical sleeve. I'm just afraid that my insurance won't cover it because my BMI is only 31. My surgeon said they know how to word things and that it should be okay, because of the way things transpired and I was a compliant patient and I already started gaining the wait back.Of course, I'm obsessing over the words"it should." It's been two weeks since my appointment, and I still haven't heard if I've been approved. I keep calling and they tell me they havent heard yet, but not to worry.But, I am besides myself with worry. What do you guys think?
Denise

Hislady
on 7/11/11 8:17 am - Vancouver, WA

Waiting is always the worst! However in all honesty there is nothing you can do to make it faster so just take a deep breath and relax. All you do is drive yourself crazy, just carry on with life in general. There are only 2 possibilities, either it will happen or it won't happen so you have a 50% chance! Trust your doc he knows what he's doing.
Most Active